Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up, I'm John and from Philly. I don't have a VROD yet but I hope to soon. I've got a 2001 Sporty I love to death but I've been in love with the Nightrod special since it's debut.
My brother bought one a couple of years back but he refuses to let me ride it....and rightfully soo........he'd have to replace the rear tire when I was done with it.
Anyway I'm here to look around and learn some things. Hopefully get a NRS and be able to contribute.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
welcome John, you have got to get a test ride on a vrod, either from your brother or a dealer???? after that it'll all just be a matter of sellin the sporty and finding a deal on an NRS

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.com and good luck in your search for a new ride..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas, yeah I definitely need a test ride. Soo far all I've done is sit on it. It feels like it would be comfortable but you never know until you ride it. Hell I might buy it and just to stare at all day.
As for the Sporty...I'm gonna try and keep it. It's a fun bike to toss around. I might buy a rigid frame and make a bobber project out of it. After all, it only costs me the insurance.
Well the search has begun!!

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Yep, I had a great 06 Sporty too, lots of chrome goodies and it ran like a bat out o hell. Traded it on a 05B and I've never looked back. I would have kept it (the Sporty) too but buying stuff for both bikes just wasn't in the budget. Like was said above, get to a dealership and test ride. I'm sure that will motivate you to take the next step...........Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never been to the test rides at the dealer. Do you guys know if they vary from stealer to stealer? I'm also wondering how the ride experience differs between v rod models.
If you've got any input I'd love to hear it. Thanks guys

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome John and start on a nightvrod special and then a f and what other one you want to try. There is also rent one for a day is a good test and see if they will apply it told your purchase too !

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have fun here,Ride safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts