Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I bleed Chrome!
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a previous thread I mentioned I had purchased a stock seat to have sent out to AMSSS for shaving and gel insert. I just received it back and it looks great. I sat on it and it feels great too. Can't even tell it was taken apart. Jerry did a great job and his pricing was a lot less than any other custom seat I've seen. I had the Sundowner, liked the ride, but hated the bulky appearance it had. This seat looks a lot better and sits a good 1" lower. Although I'd hoped for a little lower profile, there's only so much you can do with these seats because of the plastic bottom and the foam needed for a good feel. He did a great job and I'd recommend him to anyone looking to customize the seat they already have.

I attached some pics I took with my phone, doesn't really do it justice, but you can get a good idea. I still have my Sundowner with pillion if anyone is looking for one. I haven't decided if I want to keep it in case, but if someone needs one I'd entertain selling it. I'm thinking $185 shipped in the CONUS. The riders seat is mint and so is the pillion. The pillion does have 2 small spots of super glue I dripped on accident. If any interest, I can post more pics of this seat too.

I know Jerry had a post here about his company, but I also added a link to his site below.

www.amsss.com

Attachments

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Almyte1 said:
I attached some pics I took with my phone
No you didn't... :stilpoke:

I am looking to have mine done as well... Comfort is ok, but i would love to be able to move back as much as possible (I'm 6'1"). I'm little too close to the controls right now

·
I bleed Chrome!
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure I did, you must have missed them. J/K, they are there now...

I am 6' and wanted to do the same. Haven't riden it yet because I'm still at work, but sitting on it I noticed my legs are stretched a little more. That is nice!

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Tall Guys- You can also get the reduced reach pegs, and flip them around, and it gives you another Inch or So. Max and Rob both had this done..as well as many others :)

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
sorry i was little a little trigger happy there... :spank:

The pictures now show in your thread ...

Well that's exactly what I'm looking for... and also extend my arms a little

Thanks for the tip!:D

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Reversing a reduced reach kit... Not a bad idea... I'll definetely look into this

Thanks!

·
I bleed Chrome!
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Irréductible said:
Well that's exactly what I'm looking for... and also extend my arms a little
HD drag bars with a custom seat is what I have and like it a lot. The bars alone stretched my arms to how I like it, now the seat stretches my legs more to how I want it.

As for the pegs, have seen it and pondered it. We'll see how this rides...

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Tall Guys- You can also get the reduced reach pegs, and flip them around, and it gives you another Inch or So. Max and Rob both had this done..as well as many others :)
I did this & the issue I had was adjusting to where the foot controls are. Remember only the pegs will move.

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
reduced reach kit

Looking at this pic... wouldn't that put the heel past the brake shift/lever

Ooops don't mean to hijack... I'll start a new thread :hidesbeh:

·
I bleed Chrome!
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have to adjust the brake and shifter location. Not hard, but does alter how they sit on the bike a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts