Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again this year I am offering AMSOIL to VRodForums members at a great price. Since I can not post exact discounted prices online I will give you some ideas.

Preferred Customer Cost / Forum Member Cost Estimates
Average costs SHIPPED - Will be adjusted according to your location.
PM or EMAIL for an exact quote. Be sure to include your location on quote requests.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 qts MCV = $43.71
5 qts MCV & 1 SMF136 Filter = $53.18
10 qts MCV = $80.62
10 qts MCV & 2 SMF136 Filters = $99.56
Case of 12 qts = $90.43
Case of 12 qts & 2 Filters = $110.07

Absolute Best Deal is to win the AMSOIL that I am donating to the raffle at the KC Rally again this year like last year.

Also, ALL other AMSOIL products are available for forum members not just VRod related. Anything for your cars, truck, tractors, race cars, ANYTHING. Just ask.

BUSINESS OWNERS - Possible to purchase at less cost than me.
If you own a business I can also do Commercial or Retail Accounts with no annual fees or any other requirements. A Commercial user is defined as an end-user of the products in your own vehicles. A Retail Account would be as an example a motorcycle shop that would carry the product on their shelves like I have set up Cycle-Connection HD in Joplin, MO - home of Project V. Just send me an E-Mail for info.

Please ask any questions. I will work with anyone to be sure you get what you need.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
o2man98 said:
Once again this year I am offering AMSOIL to VRodForums members at a great price. Since I can not post exact discounted prices online I will give you some ideas.

Preferred Customer Cost / Forum Member Cost Estimates
Average costs SHIPPED - Will be adjusted according to your location.
PM or EMAIL for an exact quote. Be sure to include your location on quote requests.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 qts MCV = $43.71
5 qts MCV & 1 SMF136 Filter = $53.18
10 qts MCV = $80.62
10 qts MCV & 2 SMF136 Filters = $99.56
Case of 12 qts = $90.43
Case of 12 qts & 2 Filters = $110.07

Also, ALL other AMSOIL products are available for forum members not just VRod related. Anything for your cars, truck, tractors, race cars, ANYTHING. Just ask.

BUSINESS OWNERS - Possible to purchase at less cost than me.
If you own a business I can also do Commercial or Retail Accounts with no annual fees or any other requirements. A Commercial user is defined as an end-user of the products in your own vehicles. A Retail Account would be as an example a motorcycle shop that would carry the product on their shelves like I have set up Cycle-Connection HD in Joplin, MO - home of Project V. Just send me an E-Mail for info.

Please ask any questions. I will work with anyone to be sure you get what you need.
How come that Other guy did then for Like $70 a case:eek: !

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super Kaz said:
How come that Other guy did then for Like $70 a case:eek: !
Kaz,

Cost on a case of 12 qts MCV is $75 for the oil. Does not include shipping and tax if you have it. Now for someone like you who could pick it up in the warehouse in LV you would avoid shipping. As I said these are estimates, contact me for quotes and questions. VRodForum members will get the best deal possible. :deal:

It is against AMSOIL corporate policy to post EXACT discounted prices or free shipping, that is why I gave the estimates above. Keeps it fair for all dealers.

·
John
2,700 Posts
Thanks for the deal o2man98! Looks good!

I compared AMV with MCV and I'm curious about AMV showing a better "scar spec". How do you interpret the numbers shown?

When is AMV the better choice?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
landglider said:
Thanks for the deal o2man98! Looks good!

I compared AMV with MCV and I'm curious about AMV showing a better "scar spec". How do you interpret the numbers shown?

When is AMV the better choice?
When looking at the comparison you posted you are talking about 0.01 MM difference. VERY small if you look at Page 13 of the attachment I put below. There is up to 0.55 difference between the oils there.

Look at the difference with the HT/HS and the NOACK, these in my mind show the strength of the oils. HT/HS against shearing forces and NOACK against "burn off". Notice how the MCV is clearly ahead of the AMV here.

In a engine that shares the oil with the transmission it is important to have a shear resistant oil in the sump. The new motorcycle oil (MCV) is the first motor oil that passes the GL-1 gear lube spec at the same time.

One more nice thing with the new MCV is the corrosion package. The package that they are using in this oil, I feel, will make its way to the rest of the AMSOIL line eventually. Corrosion is very important in a vehicle that is often stored away half the year. :sad:

The MCV is clearly the oil to use in the VRod. Not that the AMV was bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oil change milage?

Run Amsoil in my 04 Dodge Ram and i only have to change the filter at 12,500 mi. and the oil at 25,000 mi. is there anything like this for the bike? If already posted before sorry but was just wondering?If the prices are good I'm getting close to needing a oil change in the truck and may look you up for both. I run the screamin eagle oil now.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheFlagd1 said:
Run Amsoil in my 04 Dodge Ram and i only have to change the filter at 12,500 mi. and the oil at 25,000 mi. is there anything like this for the bike? If already posted before sorry but was just wondering?If the prices are good I'm getting close to needing a oil change in the truck and may look you up for both. I run the screamin eagle oil now.
AMSOIL recommends 2 times the OEM recommedation for petroleum oils. Unless you go crazy with mods. In that case it is recommended to use oil analysis. Rich Moran here on the forums has over 15,000 miles on his oil.

See the Interval Guide attached below. Must use AMSOIL oil filter with the oil for the interval guarantees.

Attachments

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
o2man98 said:
AMSOIL recommends 2 times the OEM recommedation for petroleum oils. Unless you go crazy with mods. In that case it is recommended to use oil analysis. Rich Moran here on the forums has over 15,000 miles on his oil.

See the Interval Guide attached below. Must use AMSOIL oil filter with the oil for the interval guarantees.
I still feel better changing it every season, even if I only have 5000 miles on it. Also, I'm sure Amsoil appreciates the increased sales...:thumb:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Guys I can give Ken my endorsement as well. I ordered oil and filter from him and still can't get over how easy he makes it. Now if I could just get him to pickup the used oil. :rofl:

Thanks Ken

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DiveHog said:
I know--really dumb question, but with a synth like Amsoil, what is the shelf-life? If I buy a case, how long can I take to use it up?
Not a bad question at all. I get this all the time as most like to save a little $$$ by buying by the case.

Generally you will find 5 years as the limit on safe storage as long as it is kept in good conditions. Meaning, keep in cool, dry, and clean location. Best to keep in an area that does not see big temperature fluctuation often. See the AMSOIL TSB on storage and handling below.

Please do not store on your garage floor if possible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Max said:
Guys I can give Ken my endorsement as well. I ordered oil and filter from him and still can't get over how easy he makes it. Now if I could just get him to pickup the used oil. :rofl:

Thanks Ken
Max,
If you are willing to pay return shipping I would be glad to dispose of your old oil properly. :rofl:

FYI It seems that we vrodders have been using more of the Vrod filters than AMSOIL has expected so it has been taking a couple extra days for the filters to be delivered after the initial 48-72 hours for the oil. Do not worry however as they have been arriving shortly after. This may be over as I just ordered a couple delivered to my house and they came at the same time as the oil and other products I ordered. They must be stocking the warehouses with a larger inventory of these filters now.

Just wanted to let everyone know what has been going on.

Ken

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well guys another price increase is on the horizon. Was notified by corporate this week that effective July 1 there will be a minimal price increase. I am expecting only 10-15 cents per quart but a dime is a dime. I will not know the exact increase until June but wanted to let you guys know about it beforehand. As always I suggest purchasing before the increase, obviously, and you should contact me for the best pricing possible. My cost is your cost for forum members.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just wanted to let you all know that Ken is a great guy to deal with. :plause: Ordered my amsoil oil on a monday and on wednesday the oil and oil filter were sitting on my door step. Plan on getting my oil from him as long as he is selling it. I also will swear by the oil making a difference in the quietness of the motor and smoothness between 1st and second gear. I went from the SYN 3 which was better than the regular oil, to now Amsoil and the difference is night and day. Also my cluth release point is no longer at the end of the shift. This is with 13k miles on the bike. Thanks Again Ken and I will be calling soon to place another order. I personally am moving to alaska and I am not sure if shipping charges will be through the roof for there.

Jesse Winn

·
Registered
964 Posts
I wanted to share my experience with Ken as well.

I run a business with a number of trucks and company owned cars. That means lots of different filters and oil specs (not to mention the transmissions and differentials).

I also have limited time and knowledge (and frankly patience) to look all this up.

I simply told ken what we had and he came back with specific recommendations to fit my needs.

I placed my first order this week and already have my oil.

silly thing is I forgot to get oil for the wifes vrod...she is pissed lol

Oh well I will get it.

Great guy to do business with....you can buy oil from many sources....Ken treats you as his best customer.

Worth every penny to me.

Thanks Ken

1 - 20 of 89 Posts