Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days back there was the thread on gas in the oil, and I though I'd let the motor do its thing, change the AMSOIL in it at 7 or 10K. After reading some of the replies, I though I'd be smart and get the check or analysis done on the oil so I could put a finger on what the engine has going on.

So, my wife picked up the kit, and when you buy the kit that AMSOIL has, they supply 2 bottles for teating. One for now, another for when the analysis might suggest the test to be done again, depending on what the first check finds.

Well, I got the letter yesterday from AMSOIL, and it stated that my supplier sold me the wrong kit. They would honor the test, and send it where it needed to go, but the kit my wife was given was for a consumer automobile. This was after my conversation with the fellow on the phone explaining I wanted to check the BIKES oil.

Anyway, for a heads up, if you run AMSOIL, and you go to get a kit to do the test, be sure it is the right one.

The letter stated the test should be concluded within a week, but also advised i needed to get ANOTHER--RIGHT kit for bikes for further testing.

I was like WOW, would it really make that much difference? And after more thought, I am thinking that maybe they think it is an air cooled motor.

After talking with the people that supplied me, I was advised by them they had a AMSOIL meeting, where the AMSOIL people were intown, and they were ahead of the curve on this but too late for what I have going on.

Was also told, not to worry about a new charge for another kit, as they'd supply the right kit.

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V-Man said:
When I got my kit awhile ago it came with only 1 bottle.
Vman, I paid 25.00 for the kit. How much was yours? The 25.00 covers 2 tests. If you got 1 bottle an dpaid 10 or 12.00, it would seem your okay. if you paid 20 or 25.00 for one test, I'd write AMSOIL to let them know what is going on and see if that would help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts