Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely thinking about it.
Units are suitable for the 1130, need to source a sprintex style water pump drive for the charger.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Definitely thinking about it.
Units are suitable for the 1130, need to source a sprintex style water pump drive for the charger.
Worst possible place to drive a SC. Damn tripple sprocket is only friction fit on each end and not keyed
and the extra cyclic loading (blipping throttle) on the cam chain isn't desirable. TTS has a much more sane method off of the crank.
Ron

·
Registered
56 Posts
Worst possible place to drive a SC. Damn tripple sprocket is only friction fit on each end and not keyed
and the extra cyclic loading (blipping throttle) on the cam chain isn't desirable. TTS has a much more sane method off of the crank.
Ron
What if you put a lock washer on the triple sprocket bolt? I replaced mine with a longer bolt and slapped a lock washer on it to keep it from backing out.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ron
What if you put a lock washer on the triple sprocket bolt? I replaced mine with a longer bolt and slapped a lock washer on it to keep it from backing out.
The chain tension/load issue is the primary concern. Sprintex tried the same stupid drive setup. It's a recipe for a trashed engine.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Nothing actually wrong with using one but it likely won't work as designed. Loctite is best. Lock washers work by digging the sharp edges into the metal. With hardened components, this fails to happen and let's say for the sake of it's design function, it does to some extent . It would have an effect of actually screwing the bolt out quicker. For what the t sprocket does as in only driving the shaft and pump impeller and a mid point cam chain connections, the correct torque and loctite is more then up to the task. Asking the friction zone of this attachment to drive more shit is asking for trouble, as I see it.
Ron

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ah ok. I thought the concern lied with the triple sprocket bolt snapping or backing out, which I've heard was an issue with a lot of riders hence the lock washer on top of using loctite. Thanks for the hu.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers for the feedback, might look at a Trask setup.
Always good info from this site??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not just yet, I built SC systems for V Rods and hope to have my system on the market this summer. 1 st. I need to see the length of your SC . What most people do1qn't know is that a Sprintex salesperson was at my home a number of years ago but wouldn't sell me their unit and I was in the market for a number of units for my small shop however, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise so, I order a Magnuson. But they don't work with the injectors and you have to use a carburetor. I raced with that but was not happy mainly because of the flat spot when going to WOT so, I designed and built my own setup using the injectors which Magnuson told me " they spent millions trying to get the injections to work but it runs only one cylinder? I immediately saw the problem right away and didn't spend anything. Hopefully, I will be able to post dyno results soon. If it wasn't for all the other interruption plus the virus, I would have already been finished!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Keep me posted mate 👍👍
I certainly will!
Just consulted Mr Google,
Drives from the crank?
Yes, he is correct but, there is a problem because the SC needs to be driven Clockwise and the Crankshaft turns Counterclockwise. It will work but not not nearly as efficient as Clockwise rotation also intake manifold design is very critical so it feeds both cycles equally. I disagree needing a super big intercooler. This also depends on the type of SC for information a screw type Supercharger makes less heat than the Roots lobe type However both are good. Mapping and turning is important. The Pro charger is a good unit but I believe its optimal efficiency is mid and under range while the Roots type can deliver from the time you turn it on and if you're talking racing applications, you will notice most winning races are at or from the starting line. Both units are good for street and move the small displacement V Rod extremely well especially when the bike is so heavy. You will need to LOWER the compression a little but i have to admit my 09 Muscle could carry the front wheel through 2 gears 2 " of the ground, and at the time the motor was completely stock 11.1 compression . I never lost to a stock Busta or any of the other big sport bikes a few years back. Yes I have a small windshield tilted for airflow over the rider and a Vance and Hines competition pipe 2 into into one along with mid controls and electric shifted all my own design. Now I lowered the compression with a larger SC and Manifold of my design. I can't say any more which has to do with intercooling because I have already see my beautiful license plate frame that mounts under the rear fender coppied, and strangly i went through an intersection that had a camera doing 90, (hey I don't suggest this ) and the camera was unable to take the picture because of the angle which is a very readable 35 degrees didn't get the shot. I was testing and there was no traffic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts