Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won a gift certificate worth $800 toward a new set of American racing wheels. Fully transferable to anyone. Don't need new car wheels, so thought I would make somebody a great deal. Best offer, and will consider interesting trades and cash. So to follow the rules, "asking" $700. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is certificate only for cars? If it covers all vehicles is there an experation date and where can it be redeemed?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
You will need to check, American racing owned weld motorcycle wheels but they recently did some major cut backs and rumor has it weld motorcycle wheels will be no more. That is just the rumor.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I called the guy, he directed me to americanracing.com. He said to pick out a set, and call him back. If the selected set cost more, I am expected to pay the difference. No refund if they cost less. I looked to see if there was anything for motorcycles, but did not see anything. On Monday, I will call the marketing company that is handling the promotion. Too funny - I am in the middle of a mag wheel project for my bike - and this comes along. I don't see an expiration date, and believe it is just for cars.
V/R Joe

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weld has a contact email that ends in americanracing.com, so they might still be connected. Don't know if this can be applied. I will find out.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have calls in to get more information. I did see that this thing expires 10-31-07, so we gotta make a move. Worst case, I will order a set of torque thrust wheels, and turn around and sell them. They look great on the Bullet Mustang! I hate to see this thing go to waste - we never win stuff. Make me an offer - how about $500 bucks? Cash and trades welcome!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a 65 Mustang and I have been thinking about getting some new wheels, I'll see what they have for my car. Maybe something will catch my eye.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The marketing lady had no answers, so, I am back to the American Racing guy, who never answers his phone. Phone tag - gotta love it!

·
Internet Shrink
118 Posts
Damn brother, I wish I would have known about this before - I was going to put the American Racing Torque Thrust D wheels on my 66 Galaxie convertible but by the time I bought wheels and tires, it would have set me back a grand!!

SO this weekend, I bought a set of BULLIT wheels and tires off of a Mustang GT - they look like the Torque Thrust but are 17X8. They only had 10 miles on them and the tits were still on the tire in the middle of the tread. I only paid $400 for them and have to buy some spacers to make them work with the Galaxie.

Good luck on that gift certificate - that will be a deal for someone!!

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
gah..i have spent way to much this month.. wish i had it.. my truck needs some new rims in the worst way..

someone is gonan get a great deal

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One week left - !!!

·
RhinoRD
121 Posts
I have torque thrust D's on my 67 Mustang and they look awesome!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still playing phone tag!

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Wish I had something beside the bike that needed wheels! I like buying wheels, that's one of the favorite parts to get!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally, the guy called me back. Weld is getting out of the motorcycle wheel business, but has some on hand. He will see if this can be applied to those, and see what is available. There is no problem in someone other than me using this certificate. Bottom line, if you are in the market for a set of wheels, you would save 300 bucks. I know Weld wheels are not cheap, so, be prepared to spend some more money. He is going to call me back. I hate the time limit thing, but it is what it is. Thanks, Joe

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ttt

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bob, Left you a message. Joe

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PM Replied to. Going fast - one more day only!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts