Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts
The AMA protects your right to ride. We fight bike bans, land closures, health-care discrimination against motorcyclists, and more. Plus, the AMA is committed to providing the best benefits possible for its members to save them time and money. We are also dedicated to amateur racing, providing amateur competitors and their families, friends and fans with exciting and enjoyable racing events that create lifelong memories. We also publish American Motorcyclist magazine, which focuses on the accomplishments of our members in all forms of riding, whether it's racing, cross-country touring or trail riding. The AMA is dedicated to all these things, and more. After all, we love to ride.

www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com
Who are you and what's the purpose of this post? I am a member of the AMA but think this is pretty worthless here.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
That is TRULY bizarre, as I lived in Boulder from 03 'til 08 and never, ever had my neighbors complain about my bikes. Is your bike extremely loud??? Maybe the fact I could explain to my tree hugger neighbors that they WERE being ripped off at the BMW, Subaru, Volvo, Saab, dealership because they didn't know anything about cars, motorcycles, or bicycles for that matter (are you somewhat gay if you can't adjust controls on a bicycle???). Anyway, enjoy Boulder, I miss it as I had to move to Longmont after my divorce, but found a neighborhood of Boulder refugees just like myself up here at Airport Road and Nelson, only 8 miles from NW Boulder!

Cheers,

John (AMA lifetime member)

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
I need your restraining order my neighbor calls the sheriff every time I start my bike 185 calls in 1 year, but then it is wacked out Boulder ! where every tree hugger in the us must live and I moved here from wyo. go figure.
Never nknew Boulder was so out there. I made out to Rumble in the Rockies (Durango, Co 2005) had a good time.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I have lived in Denver for awhile before and after they passed the ordinance against excessive noise and every motorcycle rider I knew had least worried about it, but since then I haven't heard of one biker that has got a ticket or has been singled out because of loud pipes unless they were making a ASS out themselves with their bike . The law don't have special setups on the street or the higway's of Denver or Colorado that I know of just for testing motorcycle exhaust noise . Enjoy Colorado when you come on vacation and act responsable , like everywhere else in the in this great country.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Who are you and what's the purpose of this post? I am a member of the AMA but think this is pretty worthless here.
Its spam , Plain and Simple . The AMA has been losing members for years . At a very high rate I might add. After how they have treated the " Hall of Fame " and American road racing . I would not ever encourage anyone to join. ( I am a card holding member though )

Here is a great write up on the subject
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/Mar/110313amalifemember.htm

·
Asatruar
2,940 Posts
I'm a AMA Full Life member & former Road Rep (they're known as "Field Reps" now.) I've all the membership benefits that yearly members get,with the exception of the Roadside Assistance benefit they began offering to members.

To get that I'd need to become a "Life Member Plus" as mentioned in the link in the preceding post.

The Charter Life members(25+ yrs) technically never were included in the magazine's distribution. Though in practice if they asked, it was sent to them. I believe this changed sometime after Ed Youngblood & Rob Rasor left.

I too am less than impressed with current CEO Dingman & his policies and actions.

However,the AMA has had a policy against excessive noise for decades. http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/rights/positionstatements They also promote voluntary helmet usage. The Association was instrumental in the repeal of mandatory helmet laws along with the different State MRO's. (ABATE, et al.) They still are active in supporting the rights of all motorcyclists on more fronts than some imagine.

It's still a good organization. :2cents:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts