Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AMA protects your right to ride. We fight bike bans, land closures, health-care discrimination against motorcyclists, and more. Plus, the AMA is committed to providing the best benefits possible for its members to save them time and money. We are also dedicated to amateur racing, providing amateur competitors and their families, friends and fans with exciting and enjoyable racing events that create lifelong memories. We also publish American Motorcyclist magazine, which focuses on the accomplishments of our members in all forms of riding, whether it's racing, cross-country touring or trail riding. The AMA is dedicated to all these things, and more. After all, we love to ride.

www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Maine has a terrific motorcycle activist group.....

We have the United Bikers of Maine - UBM (similar to ABATE but not the same)

we have a Motorcycle riders course - and our elected representatives seem to be motorcycle friendly...Maine has a political activist group of UBM members dedicated to looking into the dudes runnimg for office....PAC

we have been helmet free since the 1970's....

We had over 10,000 motorcycles at the annual Toys for Tots...

check us out if you live in Maine or just want to get to know how its done up here.....

glad to hear you are involved in MC rights......The AMA is pretty good but there are also other MC rights organizations like ABATE and the MMA and the CMRA etc. etc. that really help fight for the cause-

we as bike riders should belong to our local organization and be a registered voter if we want to help with the rights of motorcyclists.

Sharkey

·
2008 Anv.
242 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I need your restraining order my neighbor calls the sheriff every time I start my bike 185 calls in 1 year, but then it is wacked out Boulder ! where every tree hugger in the us must live and I moved here from wyo. go figure.

·
2008 Anv.
242 Posts
I got pulled over in Boulder on my Sportster in "78" for noise. I had Kansas plates so they did not give me a ticket, but asked me to quite crusing. Strange city.

·
2008 Anv.
242 Posts
Yes, they pulled me over for noise. I was from out of state so they did not give me a ticket , but asked me to stop crusing. I don't know if they still carry a db meter in the cop cars, but at that time they did. Boulder is a very different city. Tree hugging at it's finest.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts

·
Pure Hooliganism
686 Posts
Have I heard correctly that the current AMA president has decided to give up on the fight to allow loud pipes and join the lobbying to make them illegal?? If so, that is a radical departure. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure......Also am planning a very long road trip for this summer through many parts of Colorado, but have heard that not only in Boulder but in Denver, tickets are given on the spot for loud pipes. And expensive too. Any truth to that AMA members??

·
2008 Anv.
242 Posts
Have I heard correctly that the current AMA president has decided to give up on the fight to allow loud pipes and join the lobbying to make them illegal?? If so, that is a radical departure. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure......Also am planning a very long road trip for this summer through many parts of Colorado, but have heard that not only in Boulder but in Denver, tickets are given on the spot for loud pipes. And expensive too. Any truth to that AMA members??
I know they will give Coloradns a ticket in Boulder. I don't think that Denver is that bad. I have heard some very load pipes down there. Those from Denver may be able to fill you in some more. From my experiance if you have out of state tages you will be ok.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I need your restraining order my neighbor calls the sheriff every time I start my bike 185 calls in 1 year, but then it is wacked out Boulder ! where every tree hugger in the us must live and I moved here from wyo. go figure.
One side of me would want to go do a burnout in his driveway.

But I know thats not the proper thing to do.

the other side of me sort of understands. I have a neighbor who has one of those hopped up little cars (I dont know what kind) but anyway it has a very loud set of pipes on it. What gets me is the fact that he seems to go to work everyday really late in the evening around 12pm and starts his car and lets it warm up for 5 minutes some times prior to leaving.

when I am asleep it often wakes me up from the noise. In some ways I want to do something about it, but then I remember I have a very loud bike and maybe he doesnt want to hear mine start up and run either. (I go to work at 5:30 am)

some days I really do think we would all be better off with quiet exhaust, then I go ride my turbo and forget all about it....go figure.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Well we are among you brother. Lived in Boulder from '02 through '08 then due to a change in marriage situation, had to sell my two expensive homes in Boulder and move to Longmont. Heh, come on up, there are a bunch of us Boulder refugees living up off of Airport Blvd. in Longmont.

Cheers,

John

1 - 20 of 26 Posts