Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On news stands now !!!
Let me get on my knees for a moment .... :notworth:
First of all I would like to say I am very honored, humbled and thankful for being selected for the march issue of american iron magazine. I would like to thank everyone that helped me get this vrod to where it is today . I could not have done it with out you or the forums. I tried to include everyone in the interview. Some made it, some did not. I was told AIM does not really plug web site and never mentions riding groups . Sorry Tennessee Rockstars. I do not feel as if I have the best repersentation of a custom/show vrod . But she aint bad either.( If I could stop riding her like a rented car she would be alot more show worthy) I consider myself lucky for being at the right place at the right time. That being the harley show in daytona. If smoothrod had entered the show , I truely feel he would be the one in march issue. Or if deadeye would not have shown up late he could have been Mr. March . At any rate there I am . Thank you !

Now , let me get up on my soap box for a min ....:soapbox:
We have all said " Wish they featured more vrods. " Well American Iron has. We as vrod community need to stand up and purchase this issue. Not because my vrod is featured , but because a vrod was. Think about this, when the numbers come back on issue sold and march out sold its target the powers that be will ask " what was diffrent about march issue ? " Ooooh it had a vrod in it . If we boost their sales, They will feature more vrods . Inturn other magazines will feature Vrods. More peaple will come to terms with the vrod. More venders will make us custom parts . And the end game the value of your vrod will increase and more vrods will be out on the street. So yes, I am making the jump from a $5.99 magazine purchased to the betterment of the vrod community. Its a big jump but it is marketing. We have the door cracked, We need to bust in and be heard. It could be your vrod in the next issue !!!
But SmokeDog, I have a subsciption . Good buy acouple more and send them to a soldier or drop one off at a fire hall or send one to a friend or drop one off at a retirement home or drop one off in your work break area . And yes, I have already done all of these earlier this week.
So the next time you thumb through a bike magazine and dont see a vrod. Think back and remember if you helped the cause by purchasing the march issue that did have a vrod in it .
I was not or have not been paid in any shape,form or fashion for my comments or for being published. These are just my thoughts and opinions. The sales of march issue has no out come on me personally. I didnt even get a stinking T-shirt ....

Again Thank All Of You and American Iron !!!

Now back to your Which exhaust,trask Vs bored, Which model is this ,Will this fit , posts ...

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I missed the cover due to the give away bike ... A free bike will always trump a vrod !!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Look an Issue of American Iron and NO Klockwerk Crap Bike on the cover? Someone must be on vacation.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Congrats on your feature.

I'll be trying to enter some shows when I get mine finished.

Didn't intend to when I started out on this project, but the way it's turning out - it's certainly going to be worthy of consideration...

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congrats on the magazine! I would like to see more custom bike builders use the revo engine in their builds. I was at a dealer the other day and they had an O.C.C. with all paperwork and a signed letter from Paul Sr. The guy that bought it gave $50,000 for that bike. That thing had to be 10 feet long. You would've had to be about 7ft tall to ride it. The dealer was asking $25,000 for it. I wouldn't trade a nice vrod for it. It was not practical to ride.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks SickRick !!!

It starts out just simple mods , then takes on alife of its own . Good luck !

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congats, Billy!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Whew - I get a sub, and saw that weeks ago. I was wondering when you were going to mention it! Congratulations, Billy! Ann had said she reconized the bike; I told her she just saw it at KC, and you guys were beside us at the factory. Good for you! You did a great job. Joe

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Congrats, I know how it feels.

I wrote 3x stories myself for a gun magazine published by Harris PUBs awhile ago. All 3x ran, and the 3rd was the cover story with a pic of me in it.

The feeling is overwhelming I know, great looking bike, and well deserved brother. I don't buy AI mag, but will buy this issue just for all your hard work.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Way to go, I picked up a copy the other day and knew I recognized the bike. That's a great idea about picking up a couple extra copies and sending a few to our soldiers too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts