Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH, Thanks again for the great paint set, it is truly awesome. Helped win a 1st place trophy tonight.

And Jimaroo, I think the blue valve stems caps you gave me sealed it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Bad A$$ paint job looks good brent :driving: :driving: :rolleyes: :2cents:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
PAINT Looks Great Front axel Cap is Bitchen! :sinister:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Brent,
We forgot to discuss the price of those blue valve stem caps...
I accept PayPal, and Bud Light.
Congrats.
PS: Photos don't do it justice. Y'ought to see it with the sun setting on it like we did last night!

·
Registered
257 Posts
wow very nice

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pics of the whole bike:

And Jim, no problem, Budlight it is next time we ride.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Nice Pipes! ;)

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Hey Brent, my bags don't have the reflectors. (Of course, they may have fallen off)
Nice paint, btw.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daniii, I put the reflectors on from day one(picked up at autozone). Since this was my first bike and I new I would end up riding it alot, so I wanted to make sure the cagers would see me better at nite. Thats why all the lights up front too.... Just to much damn traffic in the TampaBay area.

I imagine though that somewhere along the line I will remove the reflectors as I feel more comfortable.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Aah. Some of the bags (Val's) apparently came with reflectors, and I have seen a couple of pics of them. Val says hers have "become detached". Mine don't have them. I suspect they never did. Your bags look to be in a lot better shape than mine, by the way. My HD metal piece has broken at the rivets on both sides, but I JB Welded them back on. And eventually, the velcro doesn't seem to keep them closed. Both Val and I are looking for options to keep them closed.
Georgeous bike, by the way!

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only defect I have had with one bag is one of the snaps broke, so I just screwed the top down near that snap. The bag is flexible enough and the screw doesnt show unless you are really looking for it. I open and close mine all the time and havent had a problem with the velcro yet, but my bike and bags are only 7 mos old so maybe that explains part of it.

You might consider looking for a place that repairs saddle bags, I bet they could figure something out for a diff closure on them esay enough.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Brent - thats the plan. Will keep everyone advised.

·
skin changer
824 Posts
Brent,
Very sharp bike! I'm one of those snowbirds and might have to see you in Feb and take a first hand look at this beauty.

I noticed your wheels--did you get them on the net somewhere? I was thinking about finding something like yours to put on my bike hoping it would take some of the wind pushing away.
Have you noticed any difference between the solid wheels and what you have now?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
0992, The wheels are from www.Pro-One.com And yes, they did reduce some of the wind buffeting you feel with the solid wheels.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well take you all for the nice comments, & Brent, I'm glad you did well in the show & that your happy with the paint and shells. But I'm thinking you and jim live too close to each other. One of you has to move so We can get more exposure, lol. We're doing brenda bike now. after seeing the blue, she's not sure she's set on the red, but her's will have a trick ghost paint under the red its going to look narly. DH

1 - 20 of 31 Posts