Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little input/help regarding Americade Motorcycle Rally.

A buddy of mine and I are in the planning process for this years up coming riding events. We ran across an event call Americade in Lake George NY. In all the accounts, I have read, it looks like it would be a lot of fun, very good roads and riding experiences, in addition it's really isn't too far away (about 7.5 hours driving time for me, according to Yahoo).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has attended this event and what you thought of it and if anyone had a recommendations, or an inside track, as to where to stay; other than in a tent. Not that we haven't thought about it, but that is a lot of stuff to bring on a bike; between tent, sleeping bags and all the other gear you need to bring with you.

Thanks, in advance for any input.

Dave

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
My in-laws try to go every year. It's primarilly a touring riders get together, very Gold Wing oriented but it has expanded the last few years to try to bring in all types of bikes and riders.

From what I've been told it's a good time in a great area so long as the weather holds out. The event itself is very organized and requires tickets to actually attend.

Here's a link to and event website information site.
http://www.americade.info/

The event site seems to be down but here's it's link
http://www.tourexpo.com/04/

The event starts June 7th and runs through the 12th.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This year’s event is from June 6-12. We did find one place that has a room for $135, must rent for 4 nights stay. I heard Canada Street is the place to be in the evenings, and you'll want to be downtown if possible.

Dave

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Hi VA V-Rod. I took my wife to Americade on the V-Rod last year, our first biker event. Had a great ride to & from the event all in one day from southern NH. It is a great location. It originally started as a Gold Wing event but anything goes now. Lots of vendors, test rides, dinner cruises, etc, etc. This event is always the week prior to our local event in Laconia New Hampshire, which is huge. I heard it is not best to do Americade only on the last day since many vendors are already moving to the Laconia event. We'll probably do it again this year. Ride safe!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been to the event the last two years on the last day. (Saturday) I didn't buy tickets in advance, but was able to pay at the gate for entrance into the vendor area. If you plan to participate in events you should buy in advance. What I like best about the last day is is the parade- hundreds of bikes -all types. It is a very festive and good time! I will likely be there again this year. hope to see some of you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi
We are going this year, all of the hotels near downtown are sold out. We took a day trip to the area (8°f for a high that day) in early February and stopped at many of the hotels to inquire about lodging, "no room at the inn". We are staying in Bolton Landing about 10 miles north. Last year about 40% Honda 20% HD the remaining 40% mixed. We are there from Tuesday through Sunday. Would be happy to get together with other V-Roders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts