Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jamie
60 Posts
vrodvinny said:
Well it wasn't a V-Rod weekend,But our very own Jamiemac got low ET(9.585) and top speed(139.82)
The V-Rod was runner-up with Tripp.
http://www.amaprostar.com/press_releases/atlanta_2004/finalresults.asp

Bummer there's next time. :thumb: :vrod:

Yea, Sorry about that Vinny. I was pretty upset.

We were running great in practice and qualifying. We changed to a lighter exhaust because the bike was a bit overweight and the Yamaha was getting close after the first round. In the semi-finals with the new lighter exhaust and calibration I was lined up against Tripp and at the line the during the launch the combination between going from 7000 rpm part throttle to WOT and letting out the clutch the calibration apparently went lean enough to make the bike "sag" and then it stalled. &^%$#%^@&$!#&%$!!!!

This was not the case at all with the other pipe so apparently the part throttle and transient cal for that pipe was not quite right. I know it is very time consuming and hard to test all of the areas that the bike will be in on a dyno and ensure all of them are the best for the launch, so no big deal. I could have slipped the clutch more as well to prevent that load from going to the wheel.....(now in hind-sight). But that's the way it goes in drag racing, you only have 1 chance to do your best.

No problem though, we will give them some more low ET and BIG mph #'s in Virginia at the next round.

The unlimited V-Twin Hot Rod Cruiser bikes will be there too that weekend!

Thanks for the support. You're out there with me.

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
Way to go Jamie! A bad day at the track is still better than a good day at work... and it sounds like your day wasn't anywhere near a total loss!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Whatcha Gonna Run in UNLIMITED???Turbo,Nitrous,Both? :diablo:

·
Jamie
60 Posts
If I pull the 120 lbs of ballast (required for AMA) off the bottom of the bike now, I might just run it like that.....what do you think it will run? Will that be enough Kaz?..... he, he, he,....

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
JamieMac said:
If I pull the 120 lbs of ballast (required for AMA) off the bottom of the bike now, I might just run it like that.....what do you think it will run? Will that be enough Kaz?..... he, he, he,....
DO YOU HAVE TO RUN A STREET TIRE?You might just need that weight to hook that Biatch! :thumb:
P.S Whats a 9.50- 120lbs? :rolleyes: :hidesbeh:

·
Jamie
60 Posts
Super Kaz said:
DO YOU HAVE TO RUN A STREET TIRE?You might just need that weight to hook that Biatch! :thumb:

Yea street tire is req'd, same rules as Hot Rod Cruiser, except no weight limit and 1 power adder allowed (turbo, nitrous, or supercharge....).

When you have a min, send me your broke bike NOx system for a quick trip into the 8's,......

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
JamieMac said:
Yea street tire is req'd, same rules as Hot Rod Cruiser, except no weight limit and 1 power adder allowed (turbo, nitrous, or supercharge....).

When you have a min, send me your broke bike NOx system for a quick trip into the 8's,......
Just got it all Polished Up and everything Too! :diablo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts