Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the H.D. Aluminum radiator spoiler part number 57621-06BDJ on their 03 Vrod ?. I ordered one and the item was in the OEM box with the correct part number but the color is a painted med to dark gray . It's not even close to the brushed aluminum color of the bike . Let me know if anyone has a spoiler that matches the original brushed aluminum finish .
Thanks ......:banghead:

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
Doesn't Exist

They advertise the one you got as aluminum. Lots of others have been pissed about the same thing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once I searched the forum I found the same answer. Guess I should have read up on the item . Pretty sad .... I can't sell them on Ebay to someone else as they would then get stuck with them . I paid toooo much for them from a H.D. dealer as an e bay item . What kind of feedback do you leave in this case ?.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
I would probably leave a "Neutral" and point out the item description is lacking if not deceptive. I'm always hesitant to leave a "Negative" because it usually means one in return even when you've done nothing wrong.:surrender

P.S. If this is the seller I think it is it won't matter what you leave. They have had this same listing running for months. I'm sure they've sold quite a few with just as many complaints.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you haven't already gotten this resolved, then I would suggest that you try to talk to whoever sold you the part and work out a "store credit" or something if they aren't willing to refund the money. If they refuse to work with you, then a negative feedback is the last resort. Just save copies of your correspondence. Peace!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good ideas about communicating with the dealer. I have e mailed them concerning the issue but since it's Saturday I may not hear anything until Monday . Thanks again for the input ....

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
NOt only dont they match but after a few miles you will notice small blck parts coming through where the cheapo paint job is being knocked off from road debris.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
luxlamf said:
NOt only dont they match but after a few miles you will notice small blck parts coming through where the cheapo paint job is being knocked off from road debris.
Well, there you go. If you can't return it think about getting it chromed. It will probably cost as much as the original purcharse price but would look sweet on an A model.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Dealer responded to me via e-mail ....looks like they will take them back with no hassle ! . They were very concerned I was happy with my purchase. Nice experience to have ....Thanks for the input .

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
fatbrothers said:
The Dealer responded to me via e-mail ....looks like they will take them back with no hassle ! . They were very concerned I was happy with my purchase. Nice experience to have ....Thanks for the input .
That's good to hear :plause:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
robbwest said:
They advertise the one you got as aluminum. Lots of others have been pissed about the same thing.
yeah they say aluminum because of that insert they put in there... crappy way to advertise it if you ask me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts