Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems this year/model is the bastard of the RHSC club as far as aftermarket headlights go. Anyone with an '05 B been successful in mounting different headlights?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
You can mount any v-rod light on the B, you can use the A or the Billet HD light.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, that's right. Its the trim visors that don't work. I had it stuck in my head that putting a different style light was going to be a PITA.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
All the mounts are the same between the A,B,D & SE models. The only thing that is different are the handlebar risers for the different models.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There must be something different about the 05 B. All the HD visor accessories say they fit every VRSC but the 05 B.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,493 Posts
The 05 B uses a Sportster type lamp assembly with an old school teardrop small bezel, 5 3/4", lamp hung from the mounting cowl. The others, except for the D/DX, use the 3D lamp with mounting ears on each side.
The mounting bolt pattern on the front of top tree are the same but the mounts are different.
The 04 B like I have uses the 3D type lamp assembly.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
thumbsupracing said:
There must be something different about the 05 B. All the HD visor accessories say they fit every VRSC but the 05 B.
The only difference is the add on visors ie. round headlight versus oblong headlight. Sorry, I thought you were talking about headlights not visors.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
daif1966 said:
is that a HD light and cowl I would like to put that on my AW
You can install a nightrod setup on your aw.

·
Registered
337 Posts
if were talking about visors, I put on a visor trim ring without any problems

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
Going from the one bulb to the two bulb or vice versa only requires a jumper harness, about 15 bucks from the MOCO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts