Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last day i was riding back from the european bike week and passed a gas station thinking i still had another 25 miles to ride further until the next one (as reading was saying) to my bad dumb luck there wasn't any sign for any filling station coming up.
I had no choice other than just keeping on riding till the last drop of gas, thank god i made it to a gas station and when filling up , guess how many liters the tank took ? 12,75 liters (3.37 gallons i think) Then i was just able to breath again.. thank god--

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I hate when that happens, one of the best things about this GPS unit I have, It tels you where all the Fuel places are.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I filled 3.3 gallons this morning. I thought THAT was bad!

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Glad ya made it Zee! New avitar is smokin and the new gallery pic's outstanding keep up the good work. Counting the days. Saving the quid.

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
Hey, werent' you selling that bike???

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
I know that feeling....

3.226 gal. And I had to make one hell of a detour (back) to get to a station.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All i could imagine while riding within the last 15 miles is me have to stop on the side of the road and start rolling the bike to the next filling station.. hell, can't explain what a relief it was when i seen the sign saying the next filling station is within 3.5 miles (I was expecting the bike to run empty before though) I am sure that only people that went through such a situation could understand the feeling

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Know the feeling Zee. Couple of weeks ago I stopped in at my Brother In Laws with my wife and sat around with friends while he decides to take my bike for a spin around the block.. Yea right, he lives out in the country and that was one long, long block. Anyways, its getting dark and when we leave the gas gauge is below "E" :eek: and the next gas station is about 15 miles from where I am at. What a twisted feeling in the gut all the way to the gas station never knowing if we were going to have to walk the bike there. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
And it doesn't matter what your capacity is. The other day I put 6.1 gallons in the bike (out of a possible 6.5). Good news is that should I run out, I can remove the aux tank and carry it to the gas station.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts