Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very disapointed in the dealership in Rapid City. Obviously the big Sturgis event has an impact on them but we were there this past week and wanted to know about them doing some service on the V-Rods before we headed back home. Now I can fully understand them not being able to guarantee a time, but they raised their labor rates just for this event. One of the service guys told us this.

But they sure know how to market themselves. Every little town within a 50 mile radius of Sturgis has a "Harley Davidson Store". Most only sell apparel. I guess you can't blame Harley, they want to make money but the people who buy all that stuff....obviously more money than brains.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Its called supply in demand. They got it, 15,000 bikers at Sturgis need it. Makes perfect sense to me.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
They weren't real interested in helping us 2 yrs ago when we were there either, and that was the week or 2 weeks before Sturgis. Nobody except us old farts will remember the saying about Ma Bell before they were broken up, but the slogan was "we don't care, we don't have to." I had that feeling about them.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
THAT was interesting -- hit "Post quick reply" and got a "server too busy, try again in a few moments" message. Have never seen that before, Max.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
i got the same thing val

1 - 6 of 6 Posts