Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Joe finally get to run against a turbo and, if so, who won???? And, what were the times.

You can answer if you want to, Joe. I'm just curious how the racing went.
Wish I had been there, too.......

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
All I can say is when the money was on the line, Joe took home the pot!!!

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wiley81db said:
All I can say is when the money was on the line, Joe took home the pot!!!
:spank:
No, no, no, you tell me who won damnit!!!:D

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
From what I read he was damn near in the nines on the bottle:notworth:

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Joe was the Man of the Strip on Thurs night....He talks the talk and walks the walk....No Elf-ing it with Joe...Even had his own "GO JUICE", and It wasn't "GREEN".... Lets do it again next year SmokinJoe.... Bill

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I must have been at a different race, what I saw was a naturally asperated engine take all the money. The two turbo's that even hit the track one was powered by a rider 6'6" and the other by a first time racer. It really wasn't much of a competition and even with the bottle boys taking hair dryers to the bottles to heat them between rounds they were no match for Mike Lewis.

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
In the gamblers race I think Joe won. In the super street he was eliminated by some guy on a 1350 that got in his head.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I think the gambler race only had four entry's and isn't that a race to match your ET? That isn't about being fast, thats about knowing exactly what time your going to run the track in.

·
Banned
288 Posts
The tale of the KC Race goes like this....
1. Mike Lewis - Project V - Normally Aspirated
2. Mike Marsh - BlackCat Motorsports - Big Bore/Nitrous
3. Joe Peterson - Smokenjoe02 Performance Cycle - Nitrous

These bikes produced the quickest runs of the evening.

The rest of the ladder is available, but still packed in Motorhome.

BlackCat:nos :nos :nos

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Mike I'm not trying to take anything away from you or Joe. The fact is you both race almost every weekend, calling people out that don't even go to the track made one person that I know not even run at the track just because that takes the fun out of it for some. Danno on his turbo 1130 with the very first time ever on the track and he rode his bike to the track turned if I remember an 11.36. VrodG at 6'6" and probably about 235 ran an 11.4 on his turbo. Both rode to the track and back to basswood something none of the other bikes did.

You and Joe are both good riders, but face it you both have been down the track a thousand times and only Mike Lewis has as much experience as either of you.

·
Banned
288 Posts
Max,
I'm not trying to steal anybodies Thunder, the Thread was What happened at KC races. Just answering the question. I think you'll agree I made sure anyone who wanted a lesson on how to race, staging , etc..was given one. I spent all of test n tune in the staging area showing people how to stage and what to except when the lights came down. I made sure they were comfortable and doing it safely. The fun of this race for Sandy and myself was seeing people who had never been on the track enjoy themselves...I don't care what someone does for fun, you will usually find someone bigger, better, and badder. I was just answering the thread. The results of the race are on the Racing at KC Thread. No Turbo Bashing Here....

Mike
BlackCat

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Why is it every time there's a post that starts out like this one with an innocent question it turns into a contentious issue and the mud slinging starts.

I'd really like to participate in more of the performance type discussions to learn more, but don't most of the time because of replies like some of the ones posted above.

I met Mike Marsh aka: Black Cat last March in Gainseville. I honestly don't think he has a malicious bone in his body and continually goes out his way to help others get as much fun out of racing and their bike as he does.

It really makes me cringe when I see replies immediately after his posts that appear to be twisting his best wishes and kind intent around to make it look like he's something totally different or that helping others wasn't his intent.

Mike and I talk almost daily batting around ideas, of this I'm certain, his primordial concern for racing at the KC rally was to make sure EVERYONE who wanted to race did, and had FUN while doing so.

Apparently that wasn't the case which is to bad. Maybe the guy who wasn't happy can take his place next year and do a better job.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I agree that too many of the questions asked here do end up in a pissing match and the contention is not what most of us are here for. Lets all be friendly!!!
I enjoyed meeting alot of you guys at KCIR and it was fun to watch you guys race, I wish my Knees were good enough to race too. I wish I did not have to work so much that week so I could have spent more time and met more of the great members on here, maybe next year I will be able to join you all for the entire event.

Thanks Mike for the good info you shared with me at the track you are great!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Black Cat said:
Max,
I'm not trying to steal anybodies Thunder, the Thread was What happened at KC races. Just answering the question. I think you'll agree I made sure anyone who wanted a lesson on how to race, staging , etc..was given one. I spent all of test n tune in the staging area showing people how to stage and what to except when the lights came down. I made sure they were comfortable and doing it safely. The fun of this race for Sandy and myself was seeing people who had never been on the track enjoy themselves...I don't care what someone does for fun, you will usually find someone bigger, better, and badder. I was just answering the thread. The results of the race are on the Racing at KC Thread. No Turbo Bashing Here....

Mike
BlackCat
Blackcat i want to say thank's for the help with the test and tune run's was lot of fun it did make me more comfortable the only bad thing is you got me started on something that i will be doing next year .

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
I believe RickyG took overall on the electric scooter! Man that was some funny sh*&

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
I gotta say that Mike (aka Blackcat), did a great job from what I could tell with all of the new racers. We had all talked about a 5 minute group session for all new racers, but instead he stood at the starting line for at least a hour for one on one tutoring anyone that was uncomfortable with the staging and starting procedures.

I also have to say that I think the one of Mike's most rewarding moments that night came when I was waiting to do a burnout as he was coaching a new rider to drag racing. In this case the rider failed to leave when the light went green so Mike walked up to them and spoke for about 30 seconds. The starter reset the tree and the rider re-staged. At that point the tree started to step through the amber lights and just before the green light went on, you could see the rider start his/her takeoff..... just perfect. Must have been less than a .2 light. I watched as Mike stepped to the middle of the lane to watch the rest of the run with his hands out and thumbs up..... good job!

All in all, I think most folks had a good time including myself. I'm sure the event can see some improvements next year, especially for those that just want to run and not race. Perhaps we can interleave the Test and Tune folks between some of the other classes and make sure that we don't shut the track down during the period when the ladder is established.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Is it a requirement to be combative if you own a turbo? PatM your the exception.
The group as a majority had a great time. One person not participating for being called out is not really an issue. I believe the only person called out was Kaz. If somebody else was intimidated by this, o'well. One person out of how many? You cant please everybody.
I was wondering did any turbos even get in the 10's? The reason there are no race competent people with turbos at the track is because. If you know how to race and want to be fast, you don't buy a turbo.
As far as street riding they are great to be able to pass semi's. When you want to!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Is it a requirement to be combative if you own a turbo? PatM your the exception.
The group as a majority had a great time. One person not participating for being called out is not really an issue. I believe the only person called out was Kaz. If somebody else was intimidated by this, o'well. One person out of how many? You cant please everybody.
I was wondering did any turbos even get in the 10's? The reason there are no race competent people with turbos at the track is because. If you know how to race and want to be fast, you don't buy a turbo.
As far as street riding they are great to be able to pass semi's. When you want to!
LOL Joe, so I know of two NOS systems at the track besides you and Mike Thursday night. What were the times of the street bikes with NOS without professional riders? :)

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Well, I'm not sure that I totally agree on the Turbo and Drag Racing issue (you do see them on the Rice Rockets), but based on the obervations at this year's KCIR event, as far as I know, there were only 6 bikes in the 9's and 10's and they were either Big Bore, Nitrous and a combination of both.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts