• #5: Joe M. Lowell, Michigan. 2009 VRSCAW

Votes: 6 4.2%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All New Bike Of the Year Contest for 2011: PT#2: VRSCAW
The 2nd Chapter of the much anticipated Bike of the Year contest for 2011 is Upon us!!!
As noted in the Rules, March is designated to the Model of Bike VRSCAW. So look over the picts and choose the one you love the most to help that Member become the Bike of the Month and than in the running for The Bike Of The Year!
Good Luck to all!!!
"“Every generation needs a New Revolution.”
Thomas Jefferson

#1: Kevin R. Papamoa, NZ. 2007 VRSCAW
"Here is a few of the mods I have done to my never ending process:
Beefy Burleigh bars
Vertical side mount from killervrod
NZ made Harris 2-1 exhaust
JE Illusion rear fender
Fastback seat
Platinum Air ride"

#2: Barry W. Wanganui, NZ. 2008 VRSCAW
"it has powerline exh.franklin air box .sg,two cams.plus dozens of mods."

#3: Ted R. Lombard, Illinois. 2007 VRSCAW
"Here’s my entry for the 2011 March bike of the month (VRSCAW)
OK so I got the bike three years ago. It has about 18k miles on it now. Changes are as follows:

‘F’ front wheel
Bub Seven 2to1 exhaust
SE Super Tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
Powder coated by Tyson:
Rear Wheel (stock)
Rear ‘F’ rotor
‘A’ clamshell
‘DX’ side covers & radiator bezels
Metzeler Tires
Lyndall gold brake pads
Amsoil 20w-50
Custom GPS mount (Zumo 550 – HD version)
V-mod 2” drag bars"

#4: Brett H. Melbourne, AUS. 2007 VRSCAW
(Brett Sent a Excel Sheet explaining his mods so I took a screenshot of it instead of rewriting it all Because you Cannot Copy and Paste a Excel sheet like I do everyone else's email descriptions)

#5:Joe M. Lowell, Michigan. 2009 VRSCAW
"Quick rundown:
09 AW, bought June 2010 as a theft recovery for $8900. Had 1600 miles on it. Needed paint, bars, a turn signal and a fork lower to make it road ready. Swapped out saddle for a Corbin, added Cyclevision Floorboards, Painted it to match my R Roadrod, and rode it 10,000 miles in 5 months. Runs like a top, filled with AMSOIL. Spotted the Truck-lite LED, mounted it in a Soft tail headlight bucket, on a DX bracket. Had to fab up a wire to make it work, and it is crazy bright - beats my HID by a mile! My mods are pure function and comfort. Rode to the Dragon, KC, Chicago, Wisconsin, and MWT. The 1250 is much nicer than the 1130, IMHO. All my mods (except Paint) are simple and require no special tools, so anyone can do them. It is never done, but AW's are in March, so, here she is: Comet, my 2009 VRSCAW."

Attachments

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
certainly is , and comfy too,haha
Well, I was checking the mods list :deal: looking for the seat and you left it out! LOL!!! :moon: :wazzup: :spank:

The "wife excuses" part really killed me!!! :rofl:

Reading throghout it, I can also see your engine will be bullet-proof, with all the extra stuff to make it run strong AND stay together! :moped:

Last but not least, amazing how you remember and thank everyone who has provided you almost each and every part of your bike! THAT my friend, is very clever!!! :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

·
brett
9,338 Posts
oh damn ,how could i leave off my favoright seat ,it was on the draft i did ,it is a bitchn seat and rich and blake there went to great lengths to get it to fit perfect with mid morning phone calls from the states at their exspense ,exspensive ,yes ,but a damn great product ,

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
I win! Cheap Bastig subcatagory, of course! Brett - just stunning! Joe

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
No Dogs ...

... in this bunch! Nice work, Guyz! :notworth:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Ok Brett. We voted for your bike. :notworth:
Now where is the $20.00 that you promised each of us???:wazzup:

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Brett, great photo's. Professional photographer? What size tire are you running for the rear?
nope ,cheap assed lumix camera 15 mins from home on a nice day ,260 metz its on the info sheet i think

I win! Cheap Bastig subcatagory, of course! Brett - just stunning! Joe
everyones a winner with there own bike ,u make it the way u like it and what others think dont matter really ,me i like shiny ,lol

Ok Brett. We voted for your bike. :notworth:
Now where is the $20.00 that you promised each of us???:wazzup:
shite i thought the deal was ,20 cents each ,,lol

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nope ,cheap assed lumix camera 15 mins from home on a nice day ,260 metz its on the info sheet i think
I have tried so HARD to explain this fact ever since the 1st contest. 99% of Modern day Cameras that cost $30 or more take decent enough pictures to get a proper shot off. I said before, I have a $200 Sony thats for all intense and purposes a Point and shoot, I have had photos blown up to 20'x10' and all sizes in between and they look Fine. I even get hired to take pictures now for TV shows and I show up with my tiny camera. Its about the Photo, the way you Place the subject, pay attention to the surroundings and how the light it hitting it etc... Very simple actually.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
only 108 voters, wtf is going on?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
only 108 voters, wtf is going on?
Thats pretty common actually and I have never understood it either. Suppose this has 1000's of people coming through daily and the thread 100's of views but apparently some people just dont want to go on Record or some kind of nonsense. I dunno, i stopped trying to figure people out long ago.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
agreed ,and allowing enough time to take a million pics from as many angles ,and height variations ,bloody hell u spend years modding the bike , why no take a little extra time and move the bike around a few times take the same shots again , ,go home load em up sift the shit from the ok stuff ,over and over till u get a couple that ur happy with ,trust me i took probably 300 if not more on that day ,just pointing and shooting with a little pre thought for bckground contrast ,im sure theres a shit load wrong with that pic to a pro ,like to bright or too much glare ,but for me and most on lookers they come up fine

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
ttt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts