Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another forum a guy posted a problem, that tha alarm system could not be switched off again by using the key-fob after arming itself because of the existence of several radio- and mobile-pone-antennas in the area.

I thought my response and the problem itself might be interesting to this group:

The problem is familiar. We have a meeting spot in the german Rhein-Main area on top of the 'Feldberg' where a huge tower for TV and cell-phones is located. Almost nobody with self-arming alarm-system (who does not know his bike well enough ;-)) goes there anymore. It is quite embarrasing to have your loudly protesting bike rolling downhill far enough to be out of range of the tower. Second spot I know of is a parking lot at the airport, where obviously the ground radar makes communication between the keyfob and the bike impossible.
If you are familiar with the disarming of the bike via the turn-signal switches, which is described in your manunal - this still works. Opening the seat and placing the key-fob directly on top of the alarm-system houising, maybe covered by a small piece of aluminum-foil, can sometimes work as well...

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Roland, that sounds very interesting..............maybe by parking your v-rod in a lead lined stall you could block the interfering signals out. Now I know this might sound a little impractical, but think of the peace of mind that this solution will bring upon you. :laugh: :dance: :dance: :dance:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts