Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Had a problem last night leaving work. My bike is on auto-arm. When I went to start up - no luck. Tried everything in the book & on the phone with the dealer.
My boss comes out (a BMW K1200 GT rider) said give me the keys and fiddled with the jiffy stand and it starts! He said he's had the same problem on his bike...

I guess BMW riders are good for something :hmm: . Harley on-site support...

Regards, Brad (Vrod1958)

·
Registered
35 Posts
There aren't any safty interlocks on the "peanut butter" stand. Is there? I wonder how that could be a problem?

·
backcracker
735 Posts
I've had a few bikes that wouldn't start if the kickstand is down and you try to start it in gear, but mine has started on the lift with it in gear and the "jiffy" stand down.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Not sure what he did. Ther is not a kil switch on the jiffy stand like ther are on other metric bikes. Are you sure that he messed with the stand and not the starter solenoid behind the radiator?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
There is no safety switch on your jiffy stand. The stand is very close to the starter sol however and if he let it up or down hard it might have jolted the sol or moved the wire that is bad about coming loose on it just enough to allow it to start.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The K1200Gt has a starter interlock on the kick stand, I know because I had one ;). As others have said here, the V-Rod does not. He may think he knew something but like Max said, he probably got lucky and jarred the wires that were loose on the solenoid.

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I looked and saw no wires attached to the stand, but perhaps good magic is.... good illusion. :surrender
I'll check the selenoid wires and stick to hard science. :whack:

Regards, Brad (Vrod1958)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts