Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. I come to start my 2008 (Almost 2009 ) Vrod today after its winter hibernation. the battery has been on trickle charge and I expected it to fire straight up...

However, It Didn't! when I turn the ignition on, the clock needles sweep, the lights come on but they all go out again and just the red key light flashes even with the ignition on... it does not turn over on the starter.

I tried a new battery in the fob, and also entering the pin code, but I cant get that to work, the indicators don't flash...

any advice appreciated...

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
hi guys. I come to start my 2008 (Almost 2009 ) Vrod today after its winter hibernation. the battery has been on trickle charge and I expected it to fire straight up...

However, It Didn't! when I turn the ignition on, the clock needles sweep, the lights come on but they all go out again and just the red key light flashes even with the ignition on... it does not turn over on the starter.

I tried a new battery in the fob, and also entering the pin code, but I cant get that to work, the indicators don't flash...

any advice appreciated...
The first thing I'd check is the IGNITION fuse located in upper right corner of the front fuse block (behind the upper right sidecover).

The IM gauge needles shouldn't sweep with the ignition switch in the IGN position. The gauge needle sweep is performed when the ignition switch is turned to ACC.

Are the oil pressure light and neutral light operative? These indicators won't light if the IGNITION fuse is blown.

The only other diagnostics involving a failure to disarm for a HFSM (hands free security module) involves testing the fob battery (voltage needs to be ≥ 2.92 V) and the wiring on the HFSM antenna (located under passenger seat next to the HFSM). This picture has the antenna marked as item "4":

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.