Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this here for anyone in the future who may have the same issue In years to come.

So, haven’t used the bike for a while. Alarm activating everytime even with fob present.
Changed fob batteries in main and spare - no change.
Lifted seat and I could just about get the fob to disarm the system by rubbing it all over the area as that’s where the immobiliser aerial is.

This was the cure:

Have fob close by
Turn ignition switch to ACC
Immediately hold both indicator buttons - you’ve got to be quick
Dials will go round to max then back again - keep holding indicators until time or mileage showing
Fob will now work as usual from distance

No idea why but I did both my fobs this way. Did the first and tested it, worked fine. Tested second fob that was indoors to see if that one had reset too - it hadn’t. Did the above and now that works perfectly too.

Both fobs now working as they should.

This was on an ‘07 VRSCDX

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Posting this here for anyone in the future who may have the same issue In years to come.

So, haven’t used the bike for a while. Alarm activating everytime even with fob present.
Changed fob batteries in main and spare - no change.
Lifted seat and I could just about get the fob to disarm the system by rubbing it all over the area as that’s where the immobiliser aerial is.

This was the cure:

Have fob close by
Turn ignition switch to ACC
Immediately hold both indicator buttons - you’ve got to be quick
Dials will go round to max then back again - keep holding indicators until time or mileage showing
Fob will now work as usual from distance

No idea why but I did both my fobs this way. Did the first and tested it, worked fine. Tested second fob that was indoors to see if that one had reset too - it hadn’t. Did the above and now that works perfectly too.

Both fobs now working as they should.

This was on an ‘07 VRSCDX

Hope this helps.
Not sure if this is possibly just a coincidence as the needles sweep anyway when you turn the switch to ACCY (WOW test) without touching the indicators, and the only thing I can remember uses the pressing of both indicators together was to iniciate PIN disarming. Maybe pressing the indicators together iniciated some kind of resync for the fobs.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if this is possibly just a coincidence as the needles sweep anyway when you turn the switch to ACCY (WOW test) without touching the indicators, and the only thing I can remember uses the pressing of both indicators together was to iniciate PIN disarming. Maybe pressing the indicators together iniciated some kind of resync for the fobs.
Not sure, certainly worked though after weeks of frustration. System now back to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts