Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried mounting the Akrapovic open line two into one on an Early V Rod lets say 2002 to 2006 VRSCA, Other then Fabing up a mounting bracket the piping should fit ?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Has anyone tried mounting the Akrapovic open line two into one on an Early V Rod lets say 2002 to 2006 VRSCA, Other then Fabing up a mounting bracket the piping should fit ?
Non done it personally, but I know several people have done it. As you say a little fab work on the bracket. All the mountings for header pipes to cyl heads is the same regardless of 1130 or 1250.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the Schematics and installation instructions posted at RevZilla trying to get an idea on the brackets that come with it and already could see this would be an easy fab up for such a great looking and well-built and thought out exhaust. I removed the Stock 2004 Exhaust that had SE slip-on's and replacing it with the Vance & Hines two into one that I recently purchased and see how it runs down the 1/4 with that setup and then drill out the plug make some adjustments and run it again and see if I picked up some top end. And maybe over the winter when I pull the motor to install the Screamin Eagle big bore kit and heads that will be the time to try that Exhaust

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looking at the Schematics and installation instructions posted at RevZilla trying to get an idea on the brackets that come with it and already could see this would be an easy fab up for such a great looking and well-built and thought out exhaust. I removed the Stock 2004 Exhaust that had SE slip-on's and replacing it with the Vance & Hines two into one that I recently purchased and see how it runs down the 1/4 with that setup and then drill out the plug make some adjustments and run it again and see if I picked up some top end. And maybe over the winter when I pull the motor to install the Screamin Eagle big bore kit and heads that will be the time to try that Exhaust
Not sure if it helps, but this install video shows the brackets you're referring to:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts