Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOME Fool on a ROAD KING tried to out run me yesterday...what a DIK.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Apparently not. It happens all the time.

I like to bait them...stay right behind them, then drop the hammer on them just when they think they won.

I never show my entire hand. Let them buy pipes... beat them by 2 bikes. Let them upgrade intake... beat them by 2 bikes. Let them buy cams... beat them by 2 bikes. It just frustrates the hell out of them...

·
2011 Denim Black NRS
256 Posts
LOL, the other morning I was at a light when a pirate on a dyna pulled up next to me and revved up all kinds of crazy! He looked at me as if I had two heads and when the light changed he launched as hard as he could, so I rolled up next to him (still in 1st) and let my baby go I pulled away as if he was going in reverse! At the next light he wouldn't pull up next to me! (we were the only ones on the road!)
It was a good day!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
LOL, ever since I got the Turbo they are all wanting to race me now. I think some just want to see what a V-Rod has got. So I show them!! :angeldev:

I still let the liter bikes go on. I don't have the top end or the handling for them, plus I am getting too old.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
LOL, the other morning I was at a light when a pirate on a dyna pulled up next to me and revved up all kinds of crazy! He looked at me as if I had two heads and when the light changed he launched as hard as he could, so I rolled up next to him (still in 1st) and let my baby go I pulled away as if he was going in reverse! At the next light he wouldn't pull up next to me! (we were the only ones on the road!)
It was a good day!

I wonder what life must be like for someone so tightly bound and such a huge stick up their asses to be all Pouty after doing that. I dont pull up and bait people to race etc... but if I did and got beat I would imagine pulling up at the next light and joking around around about it. Little focking spoiled princessess most the douche bags are.

·
2011 Denim Black NRS
256 Posts
I wonder what life must be like for someone so tightly bound and such a huge stick up their asses to be all Pouty after doing that. I dont pull up and bait people to race etc... but if I did and got beat I would imagine pulling up at the next light and joking around around about it. Little focking spoiled princessess most the douche bags are.
I expected him to pull up and us shoot the shite about it, but no go. I guess he took it a little more serious than I did.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Some ppl take things way too seriously.......its a bike......admittingly ours are better......much better.

I've come to the conclusion there is too many people out there that have watched Mad Max too many times...............

·
Bad ride inside
503 Posts
i like to pull up next to them point to my shifter drop 1 or two gears depending, and hammer it the rest of the way the look of bewilderment at the next meeting is awesome!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Apparently not. It happens all the time.

I like to bait them...stay right behind them, then drop the hammer on them just when they think they won.

I never show my entire hand. Let them buy pipes... beat them by 2 bikes. Let them upgrade intake... beat them by 2 bikes. Let them buy cams... beat them by 2 bikes. It just frustrates the hell out of them...
Love it!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Picked up my '07 DX over the winter and reluctantly have not been able to ride much. Last night I was out with a friend who has a Charger SRT. She got on it pulling out of the parking lot and I caught up on the street. I was just toying around hanging at her driver's side window. When she got on it, I dropped down to first and never looked back. I saw I had a text message when I got home asking when she could get a ride. I love my DX.

·
Skid Mark
13 Posts
I am excited to get riding. It won't be anything like this for awhile, but it is going to definitely be a blast! Thank you for relaying your stories.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
You forgot to add "and not let them see the right side of the bike"!

Our local dealer was just advertising their "Performance day", and saying "ask us how you can join our 100hp. club"! :angeldev:

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
You forgot to add "and not let them see the right side of the bike"!

Our local dealer was just advertising their "Performance day", and saying "ask us how you can join our 100hp. club"! :angeldev:
Which dealer is that TSI? I have to go down and get the answer and then when they tell me ask them why not just buy a VROD and see their reaction.

·
Defender of Freedom
716 Posts
I thoroughly appreciate when some of them see my bike with the fairing and shake their head, whack the throttle, then realize I'm still right beside them. I usually give them the head nod "wassup" and then pull away like they just rode into a pool of quicksand. It's going to get a lot more fun when I finally get home and get the full bagger conversion done. I've decided I'm going to go as far as to use an air cleaner assembly off a Street Glide with a custom fabbed mount on my coolant hose cover. (I'm actually going to make it into a small glovebox type storage unit, so it will serve a purpose). I figure they'll be all sorts of upset/confused about what the hell just dusted them up once I get it done. I can promise that it won't be like any other bagger they've ever seen!:moped:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Some ppl take things way too seriously.......its a bike......admittingly ours are better......much better.

I've come to the conclusion there is too many people out there that have watched Mad Max too many times...............
:them:

Mad Max - I think its known as "The Road Warrior" over there

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Yall keep knocking the airheads. Some out there are going to put a hurting on your bike. Some of these guys do know how to tune and make them live. They also have Prochargers, and turbos. I saw a Turbo 1200 Sporty lay down 125HP and 135ft lbs. Thats a girls bike with 1/2 the weight. He was getting ported heads and cams next. Thinks he should get 135 -140HP out of it.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Which dealer is that TSI? I have to go down and get the answer and then when they tell me ask them why not just buy a VROD and see their reaction.
Yep! TSI! I think VROD's are exempt! Last time that I was there, they did not have a new or used VRSC on the floor.

I was told that they don't get a lot of VROD's stopping there. I said that it may be because they don't try to sell them, carry parts for them, or know how to work on them!:angeldev:

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Got the free t shirt, myself! 100hp - big deal! Fun to do the dyno pull, and be at the top!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
SOME Fool on a ROAD KING tried to out run me yesterday...what a DIK.
Keep in mind most know very little about the V or they think it's Jap.

But the problem is that these numb-nuts put a high lift cam and do some head work to an Evo and think they and now a BusaBuster.
WTF, don't they realize they started with HP in the high 60's only? Even if and a huge if, they somehow doubled the HP, thay are still lacking, not to mention the bike is not as well adapted to drag racing.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts