Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Why wouldn't the airfoil (MoCo part number: 50133-95) fit the VRod?

I have seen some VRod's with them but have not been able to check with the owners to see what had to be modified. For example, I saw Ernie's bike last night which has them.

I'm dying to change my pegs......
;)

Attachments

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
That's strange why the Moco says these pegs won't fit - they look like any other peg that fits a male mount support???
If you've seen them on other V-Rods then I would go ahead and buy them. The MoCo must be confused once again!

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
fehrc said:
That's strange why the Moco says these pegs won't fit - they look like any other peg that fits a male mount support???
If you've seen them on other V-Rods then I would go ahead and buy them. The MoCo must be confused one again!
I have em, they fit fine, no mods required. They are great with the airfoil heel rests, although they will drag in hard turns.
Not sure why they say they won'y fit, other than the dragging issue... but then they say aileron's DO fit, and they drag worse.

Don't hesitate on these. They fit well with the V-rod's lines.

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Kennedy,

Do they fit OK on the rear also? I wonder if the problem is not being able to fold them.

Um, perhaps its the legal department saying they don't fit because they could scrape...

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
only problem with rear pegs with stock pipes is clearance. Anything double sided will ikely touch the top of the pipe. That is why I ended up with the Kuryakyn Retro pegs. They actually are offset up just a little, so more clearance under the pipe. The D&D slip ons are smaller in diameter, so it seems like any peg would fit. Find a shop that will let you try them out first.

Greg

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Greg. I have Screaming Eagle slip ons (stock shape) so I guess I could have a problem with clearance. My local shop will not allow me to try them ("they could get scratched"). I'll probably ride to the next dealer to see what they say.

Cheers, Juan

·
Registered
439 Posts
ErVikingo said:
Thanks Greg. I have Screaming Eagle slip ons (stock shape) so I guess I could have a problem with clearance. My local shop will not allow me to try them ("they could get scratched"). I'll probably ride to the next dealer to see what they say.

Cheers, Juan

I think the problem is the ability to fold them back at an upright angle. I purchased a set of harley softail pegs for the rear and could only fold them at about 45 degrees. If you look at your pegs, there is a small cavity at the base of the peg. I had to return them. If you want you peg down all the time it will work.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
VROD AL said:
I think the problem is the ability to fold them back at an upright angle. I purchased a set of harley softail pegs for the rear and could only fold them at about 45 degrees. If you look at your pegs, there is a small cavity at the base of the peg. I had to return them. If you want you peg down all the time it will work.
Yep... on the rear peg mount, there is a little "nipple" that sticks out at the joint. When you fold em up, the peg hits that nipple. Someone here documented this, and solved it by dremeling off the nipple so th epeg would fold up flush.

I had no pipe interference problems.

Vibration causes them to unfold anyway, I just leave them down.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Kennedy said:
Yep... on the rear peg mount, there is a little "nipple" that sticks out at the joint. When you fold em up, the peg hits that nipple. Someone here documented this, and solved it by dremeling off the nipple so th epeg would fold up flush.

Here's my V-twinforum post a while ago where the rear peg issue was discussed ...

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24162&highlight=pegs

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, looks easy enough. Now, searching for touch up paint.......

Thanks to all. VRodAl, were you at Hooters in Pines + University last night?

·
Registered
439 Posts
ErVikingo said:
Cool, looks easy enough. Now, searching for touch up paint.......

Thanks to all. VRodAl, were you at Hooters in Pines + University last night?
No, I was working late. But on my way home on Griffin I saw a bunch of bikers heading that way via University Drive.

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very large gathering there last night. Some cool bikes (+ other stuff) to see. Broward Motorsports had several Yamaha engined customs which lokked quite cool. I blew 2 of them off at 3 separate traffic lights on Pines; I guess VRod is king!

·
Registered
439 Posts
ErVikingo said:
Very large gathering there last night. Some cool bikes (+ other stuff) to see. Broward Motorsports had several Yamaha engined customs which lokked quite cool. I blew 2 of them off at 3 separate traffic lights on Pines; I guess VRod is king!
Smoke them!!!!!!!!!! :notworth:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Kennedy said:

The Kuryakyn ones I have (Retros) fold up all the way, and stay up when I put them there. Maybe it's an issue with H-D pegs? I am still considering the Switchblades for the rear so my g/f can rest her heels on something OTHER than the pipes. I need to buy stock in chrome cleaner :banghead:

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installed pegs last night. They fit OK (in my book) with no modifications to the passenger peg mounts. They don't fold in all the way but look just fine (I think better that what the mounts could look after giving them the Dremel treatment).

More vibration than stock but much more comfortable IMHO. Removing the shifter peg is quite a pisser, these guys use mil spec thread blocker apparently.

Best part, no more cheap looking pegs on my bike!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics to be posted soon.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I will be running the switch blades on the front, but want a good looking peg for the rear that doesn't hit the pipe. Will the switch blades work on the back or something along the same line?.... any help out there?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts