Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, I live in the Netherlands an since a few weeks I'm the proud owner of a 2010 VRSCAW.
I'm a long time Harley rider, Electra's, Softail's and now my first V-ROD and I realy love it !!!!!!!
Next to the V-ROD I have a sporty 883 and a 1979 Moto-Guzzi Le Mans 2 in my garage. Both this bike's have K&N replacement airfilters.
But what's the best replacement for the V-ROD, the K&N with filteroil or the dry Screamin' Eagle element. Any suggestions ???

Jur
Delfzijl
the Netherlands

P.s great forum,I learned a lot !!!! :)

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
I have the K&N so far so good , but there are mixed opinions on here about K&N versus SE. If you are happy with your past experience with K&N then I would go for what you know.
Careful hanging out on this site, you will catch the modification flu and quickly go broke.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I'm lazy, so I prefer the Amsoil filter. You clean out the Amsoil air filter with air, just use low pressure from an air compressor & blow the debris off & out, then reinstall.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I'm lazy, so I prefer the Amsoil filter. You clean out the Amsoil air filter with air, just use low pressure from an air compressor & blow the debris off & out, then reinstall.
:them: The Amsoil filter flows as well as the K & N, but filters better unless you service the K & N perfectly. Both the Amsoil and K & N filters flow slightly better than the SE. But, I'd get tired of buying SE filters.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Amsiol Part Number

Can anyone tell me the part number for the Amsoil air filter for a 2009 VRSCDX? I have tried the Amsoil site and was unable to find it. If you have a price comparison for it against the K&N and Harley Davidson SE that would be great too.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
K&N filters allow a great deal more dirt into your engine than a paper filter. So id peak horsepower is the goal, K&N is pretty good. If you want your engine to last, paper is the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts