Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a airbox cover that is as similar as possible in shape to the stock one, but that has space for the speedometer. Any suggestions? It is for a 2007 model.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Correct it comes as pictured in the satin black natural plastic finish.. I actually didnt paint mine and it looks great with my color scheme.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Correct it comes as pictured in the satin black natural plastic finish.. I actually didnt paint mine and it looks great with my color scheme.

Question where did you mount air pump and all electrics that were in the tail section? Could u send me some pics?? I have my new air box cover that relocates the gauges but where I have my air pump I don’t thing the gauges will fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
It was tricky. The air pump is still in the airbox toward the front right corner.. I had to change my air filter out for 2 smaller cone filters. The electronics believe it or not are still in the fender. That fender has a very small cavity i was able to cram everything into.. I'll try to snap a few pics later tonight.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Here are a couple pictures of how everything is tucked away. I did have to cut the fender for access and notch the metal under fender on the bike for wire routing to allow room for the seat to close. It's not pretty but I'm the only person the ever sees it. The cone filters are k&n filters and required the velocity stacks to be trimmed as well as a custom tune. Otherwise the bike tends to have a little detonation in the exhaust during deceleration. That could also be due to the v&h exhaust and crappy fuelpak tuner combined with my 7k elevation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One question, isn't the area of those two small filters smaller than the original filter? Meaning less air gets to the engine and less power you have? Maybe I'm making this thing up.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Do you have the part nos of those K&Ns please?
One question, isn't the area of those two small filters smaller than the original filter? Meaning less air gets to the engine and less power you have? Maybe I'm making this thing up.
They are k&n rx-4010 filters. I cant speak to the effects of going from one to two filters but there have been a lot of threads discussing this topic if you search. Personally I haven't seen any noticable loss in performance.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
They are k&n rx-4010 filters. I cant speak to the effects of going from one to two filters but there have been a lot of threads discussing this topic if you search. Personally I haven't seen any noticable loss in performance.

Thank you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Finally did my conversion and made a bracket for my air ride pump to mount to the ground bolts on each cylinder turned out awesome and I don’t think there’s any less performance, I ran an auto tune after a short ride and thundermax added more fuel across the map which tells me it is allowing more air in than running topless k&n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts