Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

airbox cover protective tape ideas

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  MikeSez 
#1 ·
I recently bought this funky used airbox cover to replace one damaged in an accident. the warning decal that acts as a paint protector is usually covered with the front end of the seat, but this one has a sticker that was incorrectly placed crooked and about 1 inch too high making it visable under the seat. Blind people should not play with stickers... So I removed it as it was destroying my serenity looking at it. I made a template of the decal , but am having a hard time finding a one piece protective adhesive tape to replace the stock sticker..I don't want to rub the paint off the cover , any idea of what works well to replace this label?

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Adhesive protective tape

Thanks a lot for pointing that out! I went to Pep Boys and all they had was the huge roll for over 20 dollars. Considering all I needed was a small patch, I bought some black rubbery non slip material thats used to keep items from sliping off of flat surfaces like dash boards, it looks great but probably will only work temporarily. But I am going to get some of this next week, looks perfect.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Thanks again Ringo. I bought that tape and it works perfectly. I got enough to do 4 or 5 , all I gotta do now is cut the stuff straight which is harder than it sounds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.