Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a V-Rod at Peterson's in Miami that had the guages relocated lower and a new airbox with a dent in it to accomodate the guages. They said it is a kit. Anyone know about this kit? Where can I get it?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
It is sturdy and rigid. But you will need a dremmel to get the gauges to fit properly. Also areas of the bottom need to be sanded so they do not damage the frame. I have been surfing the internet for a paint scheme I like while I wait for the new rear fender. I will keep a silver basecoat with something ghosted in to it. I want detail. I want a show stopper. I hope the painter I have chosen is creative. I will post more pics while it is in progress and then finished. I should have it all finished with in 3 weeks. Until the airbox skin is painted I cannot say if i am truly happy yet. The chrome houseing around the gauges moves around when you hit high speeds. But I think I can fix that, but I need to wait until it is painted. For the price and the way it frees up the handle bars. I like it.

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Sweet Deal !! check out the hardware store for some rubber molding that you could use to keep the gauge cluster from shiftin about. I currently have all carbon fiber body parts, so I have written the company asking them if they could do one in carbon fiber to match the rest of my ride. I haven't heard back from them yet...............or perhaps I'll have to try and paint it to match.
Eric

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
npicklo

Great photos. Let us know how you fix the guage rattle. What bars are you using?
I really like that mod. The bike I saw it on was in anniversary black and silver and looked great.

Joe

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Nick,
I looked for you pics but could not find them!:lamer: Post a link or few pics for us Lamers to see!;)

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Here is the airbox skin. They way the chrome rings works, is there is a tab at the end of what looks like the penis. It fits into a hole on the back of the box. then the front has a tab that pops into a hole under the guages. Well they do not line up so you must dremmel. From underneath if I use a dap of silicone or some other mild adhesive to hold the tabs in place it will stay.

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
while there are very few things that I think need improvement cosmetically on a v-rod, that clamshell instrument cluster is the most glaring. I would like to see some photies of the front ( left and right angle) view of this mod because from the riders stance, it looks like a beautiful improvement.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
This is just my own opinion but the whole cluster needs a re-work. The tach and speedo should be the same size and the fuel gage for all it's worth could just be a low fuel light. The tach needs to be the same size that the speedo is now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts