Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now THIS is an interesting concept. Instead of having a motorcycle with an optional airbag (i.e. Honda Gold Wing)......how about a JACKET with an airbag?

Air Bag-Like Jacket Saves Motorcyclist's Life

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/14328936/detail.html

The Company

http://www.impactjackets.com/
This was on CNN's website this morning so it looks like the traffic on the company's website today may be responsible for the sloooowwwwwwww response time. As a result, I haven't had a chance to read any details of the product.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,172 Posts
Wow, pretty kewl.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
WOw Very Cool! A little less than $500 but compare that to a trip to the hospital, prescriptions, etc and $500 is nothing.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,172 Posts
tapia said:
WOw Very Cool! A little less than $500 but compare that to a trip to the hospital, prescriptions, etc and $500 is nothing.
about the same as a leather harley jacket.

·
Registered
634 Posts
What is funny is this is the first I have heard of such a concept. Jacket even looks stylish. Just wouldn't want to forget to unhook it before getting off the bike after parking lol. Poooofffff, ahh shit, not again!!!!!

·
----->
7,589 Posts
dmlkm said:
about the same as a leather harley jacket.
Very True.

golfinglenn said:
What is funny is this is the first I have heard of such a concept. Jacket even looks stylish. Just wouldn't want to forget to unhook it before getting off the bike after parking lol. Poooofffff, ahh shit, not again!!!!!
:rofl: LOL

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
This product was discussed last year on the board. One of the guys from Arizona wears one.

Do a search on the forums and see if you find the thread.

·
This is Only a Test
284 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nope, look at my post above lol. I know I would do it and hopefully it is a simple co2 cartridge replacement to fix the problem lol.

·
Banned
579 Posts
I wonder when the MoCo will tap into this and start putting their name on it.....

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Do you get a refund if it fails to inflate?

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
That was cool. Kind of makes him look like the Michelin man when it blows up, but he lives!

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Geezer 55 said:
This is also some new airbag technology for head protection.Though there are some problems with deployment...
When did Gazoo go into safety testing?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have one of the Vests but have never worn it since it is a large. One Vest for sale if anyone is interested.

·
This is Only a Test
284 Posts
...forget to unhook it before getting off the bike after parking lol. Poooofffff, ahh shit, not again!!!!!
Poooofffff, hell.
If it inflates fast enough and tight enough to do any good,
it might be more like BOOM/OOOFFFF!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts