Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Greekrider
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinion about putting AIR SUSPENSION SYSTEM on a V-rod?What do you recomment?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Arnott air ride. Buy it from Ken (O2man98) for the best price. I've ridden two other air ride systems and this one is the best by far.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I am running arnott's on the rear and love being able to go from one up to two up with the push of a button. When you says system though do you want front as well? If so then you need to talk to Frank BadV-R on the site he makes a front air ride kit to complement whatever rear air ride you go with.

·
Registered
221 Posts
How low will the Arnott system go?

These V Rods that I see dropping right onto the skid plates, is that a totally different system or will the Arnott system drop that far? I think it was on the biker build off that it was first shown that a "Jiffy Stand" isn't even needed because the bike bottoms out right on the frame and can't be moved at all. I would love the Arnott system but I have to wonder how much more accessories can I put in my airbox before there isn't even any room for air to get to the stacks?
It's kind of ironic that coming from riding a Goldwing in which you could carry six helmets or at least three thirty packs of beer with no problem and now I find on the V Rod I can't even find a location to install a tiny compressor the size of a wrist watch but I understand they are two completely different machines.

Respectfully,
Ed

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The Arnott or realistically any of them along with Franks longest stroke front air ride get its damn close if not on the frame. You need to talk to Frank about it though as he is the only one making front air ride options for our bikes and you are never going to get low enough by just lowering the rear to ever hit the frame our back tire hits the fender well before teh frame even comes close to hitting on a rear only system..

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Arnotts here. Check the warranty on all of them. Arnott has the best by far!

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Arnotts will be my next big mod for sure. Can't wait! Check out vids of it in action on YouTube!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking to do air suspension. Is the popular vote still arnotts? It seems they've improved their units. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts