Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an air suspension kit for the purpose of riding with a passenger? I just want to easily raise and lower the rear for when my old lady jumps on. I don’t want to permanently change the position (for my own comfort) because she’ll only be on 1/10 times. I’m thinking of buying this for an “F”.. already have a removable back rest. So as you can see I’m trying to preserve the original ride.

·
VRSC est -03
2,973 Posts
Not a fan of the cheap kits out there. Went for Arnott years back which can be adjusted within seconds. Lowered when cruising in city, fully up when hitting twisties and curvy roads = 13.5".
Function well when adding passenger too. Yes, the anodizing turned purple but the outer shell / cover is easily removable for paint / coating. I may have read a place that Arnott have upgraded the finish..?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also have the Arnott as I occasionally have a passenger, first thing my wife said was how much smoother the ride was after installation. They have long ago fixed the anodized finish and they don't turn purple so no need to worry about that. Love rolling down the highway lowered and then being able to raise the bike for the twisties. It's a novelty but I'm really happy with the air ride from Arnott. I also opted to the adjustable dampening

·
Registered
68 Posts
Notice the website says 2007+
Anyone know what the issue is with early models? I have a 2006 VRSCD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts