Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed Platinum Air rides for my DX and I have found that I cannot even drop them fully as the passenger foot peg mount rubs on my belt. I have removed the passenger pegs but the mount where they attach to the frames hits the belt. Has anyone else had this problem

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I have Arnott Air and have no problem slamming bike down. Nothing hits and can be ridden like that, though it rides very hard.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I noticed my left one was rubbing on my belt guard with the stadard shocks. Couldnt see any reason for it bike has never fallen on its side. I removed the bracket and ground a bit off the back end of problem. I have arnott air shocks now and all is good.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
I noticed my left one was rubbing on my belt guard with the stadard shocks. Couldnt see any reason for it bike has never fallen on its side. I removed the bracket and ground a bit off the back end of problem. I have arnott air shocks now and all is good.

:them::them:

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I have just installed Platinum Air rides for my DX and I have found that I cannot even drop them fully as the passenger foot peg mount rubs on my belt. I have removed the passenger pegs but the mount where they attach to the frames hits the belt. Has anyone else had this problem
Yes the left side will hit the guard (although bareley) when any shock is depressed far enough, usually 2-up for me. It's a matter of keeping the shocks stiff enough.

I CNC'd new mounts but before that I shimmed them out the size of a thick washer and eliminated the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts