Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have S&W Mark lll air shocks adjustable. Does anyone have this shocks installed on Vrod? It is 12.5". I am looking for on-board compressor. Any body know where I can buy compressor kit for this shocks. If not can I do the hand pump. Thank you everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
looks like a standard fitting should be able to use an Arnott compressor if they sell the not as a kit. Also you should be able to find a standard Air fitting so you could use a hand pump .Auto stores or even Home Depot should have them .

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will search for compressor kit on Arnott website. Or I may call them to see how much they charge for the compressor kit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
pingle make a neat little compressor too, cheaper than arnotts i have one on my destroyer to pump up the airshifter tanks, works a treat.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have their website? Is it work for air shocks? Are they come with complete kit, wire, hose and gauge?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Any fittings, hoses and gauges can also be found at your local Paintball shop. I used some of my old stuff to run run a gauge for my Arnotts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone had air shocks kit or Arnott kit. Please let me know what do I need for this shocks (pictures above). All I have just the air shocks. I want to move the shocks up or down with out get off the bike or use hand air pump.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have the Arnotts . if that's all you have you will need a Compresor /Manifold/Switch and hose to run to them all.

I mean you could just run a hose up to the bars and use a Co2 quick charger with an inline regulator so it won't blow out the shocks . You could set the reg to where you like it and each time you hit it with the air it would go right to that setting.

here is the type of charger http://cgi.ebay.com/Axiom-Fuse-AIM-...aultDomain_2&hash=item2560beb286#ht_500wt_945

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I would steer away from the ones that separate adjust or use them but just one side so it self regulates even oressure to each shock .

that goldwing one looks big and finding room for it could be a major issue.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I just checked and i don't have anything that details it enough , will try to get one .

But I ran a T line off the Main into the gauge and Drilled out my Horn cover so the gauge is at the front of that with an elbow air connector .

·
Registered
171 Posts
try downloading the arnotts instructions from their webb site, google arnotts air suspension. It will give yo everything you need to know. they reccommend max 100psi in shocks unladened. i run 80psi with me on it (120kg) and leave it at that when she who must be obeyed gets on. comfortable and handles well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts