544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is arnotts the kind or are there others
what's the best value for money whilst
still good quality ???

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
I'm new the the forum, but just installed the Arnott's on my 09 Muscle. Being a short 5'6" tall, they are the best mod I could have done. So much better looking and easier to back up etc. Plus the Arnott factory is in my back yard.

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
Thanks! Been just lurking in the weeds here for the last month or so, soaking up all the great knowledge you guys are providing. And by the way got my Arnotts through the group buy with Ken. Great service and the BEST price going.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers , just wanna make sure that there
isn't. Anything better out there .

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
The Arnotts actually have proper damping - most of the other systems don't. Having said that, sports suspension it isn't - for people uses to sports bikes (like me) it is way under-damped. But it is still a lot better than stock, you can use it to make the bike look cool, the kit is well sorted, and you can also use it to maximise the limited suspension travel the V-Rod offers.

The chrome fell off mine instantly, but apparently they changed chromers right after I bought mine.

A general thumbs up. If I bought a second V-Rod, I'd buy a second set of Arnotts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Installed mine last week. Harley should team up with arnotts and roll this out as a option. Once you get use to making height adjustments and there impact on the type of riding your planning it becomes second nature on the fly. I ended up mounting my handle bar switch above horn cover closest to seat, just about behind it by removing cover and drilling hole in horn bracket to bolt it on.

Took for 1000k service Saturday and they couldn't believe I did install so perfectly and "factory like".. that being said take your time....

Can't post pictures thru my android for some reason or I would...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Arnotts are the way to go for air shocks. Not only are they basically half the price of others, they - like Louis mentioned - are real shocks, not just air bags with a pole in the middle to hold them together. They are not perfect, but they are pretty damn good.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys , I'll prob' go the arnotts
just for the coolness factor ! I spose progressive 430s or
440s would be better performance wise ,what to do
decisions , decisions .....

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,160 Posts
Gee now you guys got me wanting some arnott's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts