Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What if any air ride system would you choose?

• Arnott® V-Rod® Air Ride System

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Legend Air Suspension

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Air ride is overated!

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Biker Buddy

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • AIR FX

Votes: 7 10.3%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES I have done my research on this topic but I looking for the mass who have air ride to vote and to post there opinion on their systems.

I am looking to buy either a LEGEND AIR SUSPENSION or Arnott® V-Rod® Air Ride System

Both look like good units and similar in price range so its a hard decision and I am leaving up to you guys to atleast help me make my pick easier.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Ask Widdlewunn which ones he likes. LMAO He had air FX for about a week now he is sporting Progressives.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I'd personally consider the Smoothrides, just because they look good on the rod and provide the adjustability I need for occasional two-up riding. But, they are not what you want if you want to slam the bike for cruizin' the blvd. I don't like the looks of the Legends. I'd probably go for Platinum or Air FX if I wanted to slam it. But, right now, I'm staying with my 440s.

·
Registered
519 Posts
SawDawg said:
Ask Widdlewunn which ones he likes. LMAO He had air FX for about a week now he is sporting Progressives.
Nah - don't ask someone who installed their air shocks incorrectly (no bump stops).

Depends on what you are trying to achieve with your bike. Do you want to be able to slam the bike and then adjust the ride for load on the fly? If not progressives are the way to go, if so air shocks...

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
I have the Biker Buddy Pro Hi-Lo air ride. I originally went to it because with the Corbin bags it was impossible to adjust the right shock when I had the V-Mods. Now that I have the CFR it would be easy. I like the air ride and it is very convienent to be able to stiffen the ride while rolling.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
RODent said:
Nah - don't ask someone who installed their air shocks incorrectly (no bump stops).
The stealership installed them incorrect. I think John had other issues with them as well. I just think its alot money wasted just for your bike to look slammed only while you are parked. I don't even think he liked the way they rode. I am sure he will eventually post up so you can get his version.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
My Arnott's are probably the best thing I've installed in some time. For one, they are a shock, with dampening even better than the 440's, and I can reach down and pump them up or drop them on the go.

·
Registered
519 Posts
SawDawg said:
RODent said:
The stealership installed them incorrect. I think John had other issues with them as well. I just think its alot money wasted just for your bike to look slammed only while you are parked. I don't even think he liked the way they rode. I am sure he will eventually post up so you can get his version.
The install instructions have a huge disclaimer discussing bump stops at lowest travel and the risk of damage or death if not installed correctly. I am shocked (no pun) that a dealer would expose themselves to this liability by not testing the system.

Yeah - they are expensive and typically the ride of a properly installed and setup air shock is better. You can ride them slammed, and you can adjust them while riding; so, they are more functional than just looks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I went from stock shocks to 440's to ARNOTT'S. IMHO the Arnott shocks are the way to go. They are quality built shocks and ride excellent. Easy to install, the compressor mounts perfect in your air box. I can tweak the ride at anytime based on the road conditions and pay load. It is by far the BEST mod I have done. Arnott has been building AIR RIDE systems for the automotive industry for 20+ years and are known for excellent products. They are just getting into to motorcycle industry. Myself and Cheatin are the first to get them on the forum and can't express how happy we are! Just buy them you won't be sorry!

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am considering this mod for both the slamed look when in town by myself and when I am hauling the ole lady around I want to be able to pump them up for a comfy ride.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
gbflex said:
I went from stock shocks to 440's to ARNOTT'S. IMHO the Arnott shocks are the way to go. They are quality built shocks and ride excellent. Easy to install, the compressor mounts perfect in your air box. I can tweak the ride at anytime based on the road conditions and pay load. It is by far the BEST mod I have done. Arnott has been building AIR RIDE systems for the automotive industry for 20+ years and are known for excellent products. They are just getting into to motorcycle industry. Myself and Cheatin are the first to get them on the forum and can't express how happy we are! Just buy them you won't be sorry!
Yep, pretty much all of the above. Great Bilstein ride combined with the cool factor of air. Some of the other systems are really bouncy since there's no dampening to them at all. These have dampening better than 440's.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Cheatin said:
Yep, pretty much all of the above. Great Bilstein ride combined with the cool factor of air. Some of the other systems are really bouncy since there's no dampening to them at all. These have dampening better than 440's.

Man i wish they would make them in chrome. :banghead:

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Man i wish they would make them in chrome. :banghead:
Even the polished shocks have a few lines from where they crimp them over the airbag. It's cool cuz' you can fine sand it and polish them out, but I don't see how they'll ever come chrome unless they change this crimping process somehow.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Cheatin said:
Even the polished shocks have a few lines from where they crimp them over the airbag. It's cool cuz' you can fine sand it and polish them out, but I don't see how they'll ever come chrome unless they change this crimping process somehow.

Yeah I know. It just $uck because I really like these the best out of all the setups I have seen.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Didnt realize they where not chrome, man I am glad I got you guys around.

·
Registered
519 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Didnt realize they where not chrome, man I am glad I got you guys around.
Yeah. You need to add AirFX to your poll. The AirFX comes in chrome, does not use bags, and dampens by design. I chose them based on all of these factors. NOTE: they do not come pre-installed with bump stops because they can be fit to slam to your specifications and are intended to be installed by someone who understands air shock travel and the dangers associated (or someone who reads the instructions and warnings in very large bold print).

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frank Storms said:
Hope you do not mind, but I added the Biker Buddy airride. It ia a good system also.

Frank
Nah I dont care can you add AIR FX to the poll please!?
Thank you.:moped:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts