Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have Arnott air shocks on my 2008 DX and I want to install a air gauge so I can take the guess work out everytime I air up. Arnott has gauges but they say they don't have a mount for my bike. So I was thinking of buying one of the two gauges they offer, maybe the one with the gauge switch combo and tring to see what I can do. The other idea I had was get a 1-1/2 inch gauge from E Gauge.com and or use the Arnott's gauge and try installing it into the horn cover. That is unless anyone has any better suggestions???

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured someone here would have done something???

·
MORTUS DISCRIMINATUS
148 Posts
I have the arnotts air gauge mounted into the rear of the horn cover. It looks great but the gauge is an estimate on pressure at best. I thought it would be pretty accurate and i could dial in a setting for solo and another for two-up but.... I made a fabricated rear fender for my rod and have found that what works best is to stick a finger between the tire and fender before rolling out (that is about 60 pounds or so). Another thing to think about; if you were to air up your system while seated on it and then step off for a moment, reseat yourself again, yoour ride height would have changed for some reason. Food for thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts