Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
I would like to have system that used block learn and an O2 sensor. In theory you could install an O2 and power it up and monitor voltage and could tell if the bike was rich or lean but without feedback you would get no cross counts on it but it would let you do tuning for that perfect 14.7/1 ratio by looking for a mixture that stayed around 500mv at steady cruising at most rpms and then went into the 700-800mv range at full throttle.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Great Link. vrodvinny in reality it would probably be the best tune you could do to the bike. The fact that you would get true airflow readings as the bike gets going down the road would make it much more reliable then the bench marks done on a dyno since the airflow could never be duplicated exactly as it should be.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
I really hadn't given it a lot of thought but I have several fluke meters and an extra center section for the exhaust so it would be easy for me to set up a self tune sensor and then when the tune is done simply replace the section with my original and keep the one with the O2 on the shelf.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
I have a drawer full of O2 sensors and I'll bet the center section is meaty enough to just drill and tap it in. Or at least thats what I plan to try.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
I'm pretty sure I can tap into the TPS and read the exact amount of throttle that I am running. I really think this might be a pretty good way to fine tune the bike.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
Mark I plan to use a heated four wire O2 like all the late models use. They heat up and start reading in about 30 seconds.

Max

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.