Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is superior, the Screamin' Eagle filter element, or a K&N?

Anybody have any first hand experience with both? Air flow numbers?

I've had K&Ns on numerous vehicles, just curious about the SE unit.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
some of the early ones were one in the same i believe

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not so anymore by the HD parts book though, just says washable and doesn't require oiling.

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sgtrage said:
Would you rather have six eggs or half a dozen?
So what you're saying is it really doesn't matter a bit. :D

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Like you, I have used K&N on all my vehicles including the R!! It is my first choice for everything.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
the k-n is a lot better filter than the h-d. we sell a million ofthe h-d filters but if anbody asks i recomend the k-n

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
If I where to decide today, it would be Amsoil. Their high air flow nano-fibre element is a lifetime, easy to clean filter that seems to exceed the K&N in its ability to filter smaller particles and it beats replacing the whole filter (the expensive MoCo way). Even the K & N cost something to clean and replenish. The Amsoil is a lifetime product that you just blow out with compressed air from the inside out. That's hard to beat. I even think that it is a no brainer! Would you like to buy my K&N?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Man this forum ROCKS! I came in here to ask this very question and here it was.
Thanks Max for putting this together. I remember the old days of Z-1's, Gixxer 1100s, GPZ's and the struggle to find the right combo. The internet has to be one of man's greatest inventions. Didn't Al G*O*R*E* invent it (lol-yea right) , the world's greatest tree-hugger, no offence intended, but ironic isn't it ???

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Amsoil DOES have one. Got a part number handy for the record?

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
o2man98 said:
Yes, I do have an air filter for the V-Rod. It is # EaAM43701. It is typically mid to upper $40 range shipped for forum members.

I added pics in my thread here: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59974
:them: Like I said, it's a no brainer when you look at the cost and performance of the big three to choose from.

#1 Amsoil
#2 K&N
#3 Screamin Eagle

Enough said!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I hate to raid your parade but the stk H-D and S.E air filters are the best! I found this report and it shows why all others are not as good at there job as you folks suspected! see this link for the real Mccoy. this report shows all filters and there testing done to prove why K+N isnt the best! Nor is the Amsoil filter!

http://www.duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Vr Master said:
I hate to raid your parade but the stk H-D and S.E air filters are the best! I found this report and it shows why all others are not as good at there job as you folks suspected! see this link for the real Mccoy. this report shows all filters and there testing done to prove why K+N isnt the best! Nor is the Amsoil filter!

http://www.duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm
I hate to rain on your parade but that out-dated report is from September 2004 and includes filters and filter styles that are no longer produced. The AMSOIL filter in the test was an oiled foam filter that has not been produced since fall of 2005 and was NEVER made for the V-Rod. The AMSOIL filter available for the V-Rod is a dry, synthetic media that filters better than paper and flows comparable to wet gauze.

·
ICON Clad Youth
140 Posts
Is the air filter for the 1250cc the same as the 1130cc? The Amsoil application guide doesn't list the air filter for a 1130cc model.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
MYwings said:
Is the air filter for the 1250cc the same as the 1130cc? The Amsoil application guide doesn't list the air filter for a 1130cc model.
Yes, the 1130 and 1250 use the same air filter. Let me know if you need pricing on one, PM or email me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts