Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 NRS and I'm having a rattle coming from the air box cover. There has been a very slight rattle since day one. Never thought anything of this till I changed exhaust this past weekend from factory to Bub 7 2:1. With the Bubs, there is more of a vibration than with factory pipes which causes the cover to rattle a lot louder. It only rattles when running, not at idle. Upon inspection I noticed that there are 2 flaps on each side with grooves cut out of them on the underside of the cover. These flaps line up with the frame of the bike. If I shake the cover side to side on bike it touches the frame on each side, witch is causing the rattle. I think that there should be a rubber cushion or boot of some type in these grooves. Below is a pic of the underside of my cover with one of the flaps I was talking about. Any thoughts?????

FYI: Ran the bike without cover and rattle was gone.

Attachments

·
SHINY SIDE UP!!!
30 Posts
Rubber Bumpers

Yes, you are correct, there should be 4 rubber bumpers that go in those slots. You should be able to get them from the dealership or ask fellow members if anyone has an extra 4 laying around.

Ride safe, shiney side up:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Grimis912, The dealership is going to supply these cause they were never there in the first place!! Bought the bike new 1 month ago from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts