Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to getting prices on a new airbox cover for my bike. Crystal River gave me part a price of $400.00 - 20%. Mikes Famous gave me a price of $476.00 - 0%.Problem comes up with the part number Seems the one in the book is wrong. One number from Mikes, different one from Crystal River. :confused:
Gotta call Florida again to get them to check Mikes number against theirs and check on return policy. 20% off a part I don't need and can't return is'nt alot of help. BTW saw a Lava Red Sunglo one today.Nice Color but I still like my blue one better.:D

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well , its ordered, $476- 20% from crystal river. 8 to 10 week delivery. Ouch!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Count yourself lucky. I paid the equivalent of $600 for one in the UK. But it did arrive in less than a week - no fancy paint job though just a plain 02 anodized.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Crash, I think if you read the description on eBay for the 02 cover, it will say it has a small dent in it above the D on the right side.

I had to purchase a cover for my 02 due to it falling over while I was trying put a cover over it last winter in my garage. Of course this happened right after I installed all the new chrome goodies I got for Christmas. Anyway, long story - short I got mine from Crystal River, took about 3 weeks, (they don't stock them they had to order it); and the overall cost: $45 dollars!!!!

How did I do that, I was the first one to offer my cover that was dented by the turn signal on the left, side on eBay. The cover sold for around $140 and purchased the new one from Crystal River for $185. Of course, my cover wasn't painted just the standard brushed aluminum finished for the ‘02’s.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I first checked into the price of a new cover the dealer's(Mikes)service writer said he had just sold a black one for $90.00.
The $476 price tag was a shock to both of us as was the confusion with the part number.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The price in Sweden is around $800... Does anyone have the number to the dealer in Crystal River?? Perhaps I can buy it from him and have him sending it as a gift (thus avoiding VAT and duties)..!?

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, its right here,PHONE: 352-563-9900 Toll Free: 866-563-9900
FAX: 352-563-9910

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts