Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My 07 nightrod got dropped at the end of August. Dealer almost had her done yesterday but aparently the airbox cover they were sent was produced by a new supplier and now they have to order a new one from HD which means 4 to 18 weeks.

Apperently the " new suppliers" for the airbox cover put / misalignded the hole for the mounting tab just a tad off. I guess the cover sat up at the front with a gap. My evil side :angeldev: wonders if they screwed up and scratched the new one and are feeding me a line of BS???
I installed truck and car accesories for 14 years at my last job, so I know things change. I ALSO know oops happen and that's how you cover it up.

I should just order a Frankilins and make then pay for it.

Anyone ever have this issue with ordering a "new factory cover"?

:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Hi. My 07 nightrod got dropped at the end of August. Dealer almost had her done yesterday but aparently the airbox cover they were sent was produced by a new supplier and now they have to order a new one from HD which means 4 to 18 weeks.

Apperently the " new suppliers" for the airbox cover put / misalignded the hole for the mounting tab just a tad off. I guess the cover sat up at the front with a gap. My evil side :angeldev: wonders if they screwed up and scratched the new one and are feeding me a line of BS???
I installed truck and car accesories for 14 years at my last job, so I know things change. I ALSO know oops happen and that's how you cover it up.

I should just order a Frankilins and make then pay for it.

Anyone ever have this issue with ordering a "new factory cover"?

:banghead:
I am sure they would be happy to order you a Franklins. Cost is way lower than a factory one.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I have a pair of 2007 Street Rods but they were manufactured almost a year apart. They have different fitting airbox covers. The cover on the earlier bike hugs the frame perfectly while the cover on the later bike has a noticeable gap between the cover and the frame and the quarter turn fastener does not line up very well. The cover is just slightly too long I think and is bowed up as a consequence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts