Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aim VPC or HD Slipper, which is better?

I have an 07 AW, which works better with a Trask AIM or HD, and would you add a 26 tooth pulley, why or why not?

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
I believe Max the founder has thoroughly tested all and says the slipper beats them all hands down. I love the slipper over my stocker as well but have no further experience with others. I also believe you would be doing nothing but wheelies with a trask and 26t - just ask Lane.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
ive had the aim unit and the slipper ,on my stock engine,both are good but just love the slipper a little more

,and im thinking 26 and a turbo ,u better have a mate there with a camera to get the footage for utube ,ur gunna be a big hit ,lol

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
ive had the aim unit and the slipper ,on my stock engine,both are good but just love the slipper a little more

,and im thinking 26 and a turbo ,u better have a mate there with a camera to get the footage for utube ,ur gunna be a big hit ,lol
:them:

Waiting on video!

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Aim VPC or HD Slipper, which is better?

I have an 07 AW, which works better with a Trask AIM or HD, and would you add a 26 tooth pulley, why or why not?
My latest clutch is a slipper and I havent had any problems with it yet, not sure what the HP limits are but it is alot easier to pull in the clutch.

A 26T for a turbo is not a good combo for street. Its good for some wild wheelies off the line like kevin said but a 30T you can wheelie also.

Everyone that I know that has put on a 30T for turbo (street) is not dissapointed, you need the load to spool the turbo.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I've run the Barnett Extraplate Clutch, the AIM Plate, and the Slipper. The slipper does everything with less lever effort. It's a no brainer.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Slipper clutches are quite different then variable pressure clutches... One is used to prevent the rear wheel from locking up on downshifting at high rpms, the other is to add additional lbs of force to the pressure plate to prevent the clutch from slipping under high loads... So, are you a drag racer or a road racer? VC for drag, Slipper for road :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
When my stock clutch went out to lunch on my 04...I re-installed/ upgraded to the SE slipper clutch...around 225.00 smacks.. No huss no fuss....

·
all or nothing
1,372 Posts
As long as you are under 180Nm SE Slipper is the best choice.
I have 5000km driven SE Slipper for sale...

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
dpierce02 ran the Aim pressure Plate on his turbo v-rod and had clutch slipping issues and went with the Slipper and hasn't had the clutch slip since

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
dpierce02 ran the Aim pressure Plate on his turbo v-rod and had clutch slipping issues and went with the Slipper and hasn't had the clutch slip since
Guess he didn't use the right weights and pressure plate/spring setup...

·
boo
5,211 Posts
I have a new slipper clutch in a box I'm planning to sell. never used, comes with the clutch nut. lmk if interested. got an 08 and don't need it anymore.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Guess that shows how good the slipper is in STOCK form. Didn't need any 'fiddiling'
True can't argue that but if you know what your aticipated tq is going to be, you can prepare and don't have to "fiddle" :)... I'm running the AIM Pro-charger setup on my 07 FLHTCI with the Pro-charger...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts