Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Noel
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
April 30 – May 1
Darlington Dragway Darlington, SC (Regional Event)

May 22-23
Cecil County Dragway Rising Sun, Maryland (National Event)

June 4-6
Rockingham Dragway Rockingham, NC (National Event)

June 19-20
National Trail Raceway Columbus, Ohio (National Event)

August 8-10
Sturgis Dragway Sturgis, SD (1/8th mile) (National Event)

September 17-18
South Carolina Motorsports Park (1/8th mile) Orangeburg, SC (National Event)

October 1-3
Summit Motorsports Park Norwalk, Ohio (National Event)

November 6-7
Gainesville Raceway Gainesville, FL (National Event)

·
Noel
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Starting to get excited, officially New England Dragway opens 4/2 for Friday Street nights and test & tune, weather is damp and cold right now.

Ordered fresh can of C25 race fuel this week, should be in before the weather is conducive for testing.

Expect to do most of my racing at NED this year, but hope to see a couple of AHDRA events later in the year, stay tuned.....

Updates the AHDRA schedule here: 2021 Schedule

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
April 30 – May 1
Darlington Dragway Darlington, SC (Regional Event)

May 22-23
Cecil County Dragway Rising Sun, Maryland (National Event)

June 4-6
Rockingham Dragway Rockingham, NC (National Event)

June 19-20
National Trail Raceway Columbus, Ohio (National Event)

August 8-10
Sturgis Dragway Sturgis, SD (1/8th mile) (National Event)

September 17-18
South Carolina Motorsports Park (1/8th mile) Orangeburg, SC (National Event)

October 1-3
Summit Motorsports Park Norwalk, Ohio (National Event)

November 6-7
Gainesville Raceway Gainesville, FL (National Event)

Go figure now that I know longer live in SC I find out about this, well guess I'll see y'all at sturgis!

·
Noel
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Race fuel came in this afternoon, and lit a fire under my butt to get the rest of my punch list done:

Installed a vintage 2-Step that originally came with the Destroyer, these are hard to come by as there were only 700 made and no longer available except as take-offs from decommissioned race bikes, a buddy from 1130cc sent it to me free as he got it free as test and development model in hopes of designing a open market substitute, never got around to that and the donor never sought it back.

Started bike on U4 and old shift kill, tested the TWO STEP, works as expected though cold Idle was still wonky as I expected it is affected by the old Pingel shift/kill unit.

Installed the new shift/kill unit, that change seems to have positively improved the standing idle of the engine, note this unit is responsible for providing 12+ to the coils via the 2-step unit, having everything back to "NORMAL" hardware seems to have helped.

Did another start and she jumped up to near normal cool idle speed of 2000 RPM's unlike the previous startup where it was searching at around 1400 to 1600 RPM's.

I will keep the old units as emergency only back ups, good enough to get through a race in a pinch, but if the fresh parts start showing weakness, I'll be reordering from Pingel and Dyna as the needs occur.

Flushed the fuel tank of leftover U4 race fuel the put in 2 gallons of C25 to dilute any remnants of the U4.

Loaded a new map designed for C25 into the bikes ECM.

Ran another test fire and logged an idle session from TTS flight recorder, looked good, idle continued to be stable with the new parts and map change using the new fuel.

Changed out the air shifter bottle gauge I can read it again and it's not leaking down like it was last fall.
Aired up the tires in preparation for trailer loading Friday night. I am hoping weather gets warmer than forecast for Saturday, we expect snow squalls this Thursday into Friday, I hope that does not happen, at the latest I WILL go to the track for T&T on Sunday!

I am psyched!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts