Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've ordered the Kuri-whatever name mirrors with the integrated LED turn signals and am considering the HC integrated rear light to totally eliminate the stock turn signals. Has anybody ever been pulled over by the "law" with this setup? I honestly use my hand signals a lot (since being rear ended once) and assume if I'm using hand signals, no cop is going to bust me for non-DOT signals.

John (I see a lot of choppers in my neck of the woods with NO turn signals and they always use hand signals, it must work for them)

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
So I've ordered the Kuri-whatever name mirrors with the integrated LED turn signals and am considering the HC integrated rear light to totally eliminate the stock turn signals. Has anybody ever been pulled over by the "law" with this setup? I honestly use my hand signals a lot (since being rear ended once) and assume if I'm using hand signals, no cop is going to bust me for non-DOT signals.

John (I see a lot of choppers in my neck of the woods with NO turn signals and they always use hand signals, it must work for them)
Most states I've lived in have a turn signal requirement as do Park systems and Highway Patrols.
Bikes that were sold stock without turn signals (50's - 60's) are not required by law to have them and hand signals are permitted. I don't think most LEO's give a $hit though.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
about the only DOT light on my bike is my headlight...never had a problem with cops as long as I wasn't doing something to make them pull me over, and even then they've never said anything about my lights.

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
I've never been pulled over for my rear integrated LED turn signals after about 2 years, but I did get busted during inspection. Inspection may be your only threat.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
check yer home state as said above, I'm thin kin most states don't care, but a hand signal is a must if no lights are used....

I run integrated out back and aftermarket (surely not legal) ones up front, I use them along with a hand signal

can't imagine any LEO pulling a bike over for what looks like a turn signal non-conformity????

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Go down to your local PD and ask! I know in most places in CA they don't care unless they pull you over for something else. Even then, unless you're being an ass-hat, they just issue a fix-it ticket.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
cant say i have ever even heard of a cop hasseling someone about lights being DOT or not as long as they are lite.
if u have state inspections like i do here just check with the guys that do your inspection to find out whether they are hard azzes about it.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Fix-it ticket

Go down to your local PD and ask! I know in most places in CA they don't care unless they pull you over for something else. Even then, unless you're being an ass-hat, they just issue a fix-it ticket.
The last fix-it ticket I've earned....the inspector didn't even eye up the fix.Just signed paper work and paid minimal fee.

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Kury mirror turns fly during inspection. No problems! Go for it - I did! Joe

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
the only issue with turns would be the rears. An integrated tail/turn fixture is exactly DOT compliant, but doubtful you'll ever catch crap over it.
Hell, a buddy of mine in PA had his bike for 17 years and never had turn signals installed on front or rear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.