Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am my third set of mirrors on my VRSCA. The stock mirrors don't compliment the bike well, and the aftermarket ones I have tried all seem to suck. The bases are too thick so I cant adjust them well enough to see properly. I want to replace them, but I'd like to see and hear about what others use.

So if you have aftermarket mirrors that look and function well please post them.

Mirror make-
Cost-
Signal need relocation-
Do you like them? Can you see well from them-
Photo-

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mirror make- Ebay
Cost- 50 shipped
Signal need relocation- Yes, use the HD relocation kit
Do you like them? Can you see well from them- I hate them, I have to duck to see, not to safe

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Got these for under $20 including shipping off e-bay well made and real glass for the mirror and they're crystal clear (I've had some bad mirrors before that were blurry and useless) and I can see perfect! :D

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/gilbos440rt/V-Rod145.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/gilbos440rt/V-Rod138-1.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/gilbos440rt/V-Rod-Porkyatthetikibar140.jpg

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/gilbos440rt/?action=view&current=Video7.mp4

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the Joker Machine Viewtech 1

I find them awesome and one of the few mirrors that dont vibrate when you are riding.

The glass is Convex and allows you to see all behind you.

They are small and suit the bike well and i relocated the indicators also as the muscle has the original indicators in the mirror stem.

Value for money i think they are reasonable for a custom look.

Mirrors are 114.95 each and the indicators are 150 a set.

Well made and plenty of adjustment and i would highly recommend them.

Pics are available in the F forum.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Arlen Ness Mini ovals
$100 but can get them cheaper if you look around
Signals need to be relocated if Flipped Like i have them.
Love them even 2 up they work great and look great.

Check my Gallery for shots and in my sig as well.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I got mine from KC Int. Other than golf club mirrors, which are tiny, these are the only mirrors I've had that showed more than my shoulders.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
I got these that function with LEDs in the mirror to let me know when my signals are left on, and also have the LED signal/running lights on the front, so I deleted my stock signals altogether. They are just big enough to see and pretty sturdy.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
joker machine - Item #: 03-26
www.jokermachine.com
http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstreet2004.asp?ItemID=237&CategoryID=62&Placeholder=0

Joker has a lot of really nice parts

i've tried the bars on top (can't see anything but your shoulders) and then had the bars flipped when I had v-mod drag bars (could see good most the time except I could see nothing but knees when I had a passenger). I then changed the bars to Fitzgerald Motorsport's (PM OhioVROD on the forum) custom VRSCA set, chromed the clamshell, and put on the bar end mirrors. best vision of any of the setups I've tried...

the mirrors aren't big, but I can see anything behind me or beside me - best part, I don't have to look as far down as I did with the flipped mirrors so my eyes stayed looking ahead more :thumb:

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Having gone through many sets of mirrors I feel like a bit of an authority on the subject. I prefer the look of bone stock mirrors mounted upside down on drag bars the most. But, there is a noticeable head movement involved in looking at them and their useless with a passenger on the bike. I have gone through a few sets of eBay mirrors, the glass quality is horrible to the point of being useless to me. Bar ends work the best by far and Jokers in particular have extreme quality glass in them and and very slight convex shape so that even though they're tiny the work perfectly. I was amazed how good they are.

I wouldn't own a V-Rod without joker bar ends on it. Worth the $$$$$.

Read V-Kit's reply after I posted. I should have just said :them:. But....... There's two identical reviews.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Read V-Kit's reply after I posted. I should have just said :them:. But....... There's two identical reviews.
it it's posted on the internet, TWICE, it must be true!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont have a V-rod yet but have experieced the same problems on the Sporty, the best solution is bar-ends, I have CRG lane-splitters and love them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anyone try the viewtech 5s from joker? I liked the look of those. Ive eBay flamed mirrors, but they are worthless as far as seeing anything! How much of a pain is it to mount bar ends?? jokers viewtech 7s or 8s look good. Can you use any grip,or do you have to use a certain grip??

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts

·
Billy
506 Posts

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
This is an old picture, I've got new paint, and different handlebars now but the same mirrors...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts