Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of either HD or aftermarket adjustable front pegs for a VRSCD. There are plenty for the other models but not the Night Rod. I would like to get the pegs 1 to 2 inches closer.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
You could probably still use the reduced reach footpeg kit (p/n 50270-02a). It might look a little funny but it could work. I also think Kuryakyn has a kit you can get. Let me see if I can find a link.

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't find anything. :(

·
Black & Chrome
353 Posts
I just ordered the 4" extensions from Kuryakyn on Sunday. they had 2"ers also but being 6'5" I needed a little more room than that. I should be getting them in a day or two so I will post up pics when I get them put on. They are also adjustable so you do have options with foot location.

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I heard that you can use the reduced reach kit then flip them so they are extensions. What about the shifter rod length? or the brake setup? are they adressed in the kit?

·
Turtle
89 Posts
EzE Rider - I am 6ft 1in and installed just the HD reduced reach pegs (upside down) do let me stretch out a bit more - without the shifter or brake levers. From a comfort perspective they are great. The std shifter is ok as I have big feet, however the std brake control could be moved forward or maybe shortened. Of course it is not adjustable so I just use the front brakes - given their stopping power no real problems - justs takes a bit of getting used to not being easily able to apply the back brakes.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
imoo6170 said:
EzE Rider - I am 6ft 1in and installed just the HD reduced reach pegs (upside down) do let me stretch out a bit more - without the shifter or brake levers. From a comfort perspective they are great. The std shifter is ok as I have big feet, however the std brake control could be moved forward or maybe shortened. Of course it is not adjustable so I just use the front brakes - given their stopping power no real problems - justs takes a bit of getting used to not being easily able to apply the back brakes.
Thanks for the responce.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts