Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have recently bought an 06 'D' Night Rod but the mid controls are gone and she now has forward controls (which I like). Apart from this (and a 240 rear wheel conversion), the bike seems stock including the exhaust system.
I find the exhaust too quiet so am going to change it for an after market system. Money is tight so I am looking at the Danmoto Highwayman 2-1 system which having read reviews on here and other sites seems good value for money.

My question is, which system is right for my bike?

On their website they have a system for:
2002-2006 Harley Davidson V-ROD (VRSCA)
2004-2005 Harley Davidson V-ROD (VRSCB)
2005 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle V-ROD (VRSCSE)
2006 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle V-ROD (VRSCSE-2)

And a system for:
2007-2011 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special (VRSCDX)
2007-2011 Harley Davidson V-ROD (VRSC / VRSCAW)
2007 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle Tribute V-ROD (VRSCX)

None of these are for a 2006 VRSCD.

Any help or advice appreciated. I just don't want to buy something that I have to return because it doesn't fit.

Thanks all,

JC

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be my guess too but it is just a guess.
I emailed them earlier but no reply as yet.
I just don't know if the exhaust mounting points are the same on the 'A' and 'D' models.

Thanks for your input,

JC

·
My Last Ride
1,343 Posts
Hi All,
I have recently bought an 06 'D' Night Rod but the mid controls are gone and she now has forward controls (which I like). Apart from this (and a 240 rear wheel conversion), the bike seems stock including the exhaust system.
I find the exhaust too quiet so am going to change it for an after market system. Money is tight so I am looking at the Danmoto Highwayman 2-1 system which having read reviews on here and other sites seems good value for money.

My question is, which system is right for my bike?

On their website they have a system for:
2002-2006 Harley Davidson V-ROD (VRSCA)
2004-2005 Harley Davidson V-ROD (VRSCB)
2005 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle V-ROD (VRSCSE)
2006 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle V-ROD (VRSCSE-2)

And a system for:
2007-2011 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special (VRSCDX)
2007-2011 Harley Davidson V-ROD (VRSC / VRSCAW)
2007 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle Tribute V-ROD (VRSCX)

None of these are for a 2006 VRSCD.

Any help or advice appreciated. I just don't want to buy something that I have to return because it doesn't fit.

Thanks all,

JC
Judge,

I just replied to your other post on this subject. Double posting may get you more answer, however, it might also get you an ass chewin'.

Ron

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
One other comment , they probably don't list the 'D' , because the exhaust wouldn't fit past the stock mid controls . Since yours already has forward controls , then it should probably fit . Just my 2 cents .
Mike

·
Registered
387 Posts
I contacted them a while ago about this very thing only mine has mid controls. They said it would fit with a minor modification. I am pretty sure you should be fine with forward controls.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your input. It is appreciated.
I have gone and ordered one.
I will post some info and pics of the fit when they arrive in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
For what ever reason it seems that Harley did change the exhaust mount on the VRSCD.

I recently purchased a Dan Moto exhaust and had a time and a half trying to get it on my 06. I thought they had welded it wrong or something, so I sent them a picture. He responded that it was correct.

It was not particularly difficult but I had to make my own exhaust bracket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm also looking at the Danmoto for my 2006 Night Rod with forward controls.
Anyone have input on how difficult it was to fabricate the mounting bracket? Any templates or instructions out there?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I may have, I forget now, it was some time ago. But there isn't much to it. There is a little bit of forgiveness as well. Doesn't have to be perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts