Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes i had the first Street Rod produced it was the year 2005 in Italy
Now i bought this badass machine couple of days a go see pic.
Question for the R and V-Rod model owners, i would like to know wich are the best 2in1 pipes for this bike available in the market and also i would like do add some power like efi tune , ac kit and maybe a good cams set up and throttle body, what you recommend best ?
About the efi tuner i think a complete ThunderMax ecm is the best, right ?
I don’t want to touch pistons/cylinders and heads for the moment

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Yes i had the first Street Rod produced it was the year 2005 in Italy
Now i bought this badass machine couple of days a go see pic.
Question for the R and V-Rod model owners, i would like to know wich are the best 2in1 pipes for this bike available in the market and also i would like do add some power like efi tune , ac kit and maybe a good cams set up and throttle body, what you recommend best ?
About the efi tuner i think a complete ThunderMax ecm is the best, right ?
I don’t want to touch pistons/cylinders and heads for the moment
Depends who you ask. I've used it on a big twin HD with so, so results and while I don't care for ALPHA N systems other then some specific tasks, DTT might have a better ECM when it comes to the v rod.
Ron

·
Registered
368 Posts
Any advices on a good 2in1 pipe ?
Very few options for the R these days. Fitzgerald motorsports ground pounder is readily available but unsure if it fits the R. This is your best option and contacting Scott to see if it will fit or if he can fabricate a bracket to fit it

Danmoto, V&H competition, D&D fat cat, again fitment on the R is questionable due to the slight variance in the frame.

I personally run a d&d managing to pick up one of the last fat cats for the R before it was discontinued

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Vance & Hines sold an up-swept exhaust for the mid-control V-Rods , R and D , 17535 and 17555 . They had a major sale on these a little while ago , selling the full system new for about $400 . There is probably several of these on E-Bay now , if you like the up-swept style .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello everyone, i would like to know wich is the best system or combo for the best air intake.
I m thinking to use the K&N filter and maybe different aluminium velocity stacks or is that motohooligan kit better ?
VRSCR 1130 with Daytona Twin Tec and i am looking also for a good 2in1 pipe maybe Fitzgerald ?
Any advice will be apreciated, thanks.

Will

·
VRSC est -03
3,096 Posts
Drill some large holes in front of air filter box, like Mike said a V&H 17535 exhaust and
a dyno session should end with 10+ hp. If you`re looking for 120++ you`ll start
looking for serious headwork, stroker cranks/bb, forced induction. Sorry, there`s no easy fix!

·
VRSC est -03
3,096 Posts
What about Motohooligan air box system ?
They do look great (running one myself, street rod too) but extra ponies, sorry no.
Save the money for a proper tune and a future lithium battery/weight loss. My 2 cents..

·
Registered
368 Posts
They do look great (running one myself, street rod too) but extra ponies, sorry no.
Save the money for a proper tune and a future lithium battery/weight loss. My 2 cents..
+1 to this. Motohoolignas airbox is an amazingly well built component but its best used in conjunction with other performance mods. Stage 2 cams, exhaust, 58mm TB and a tune would be a minimum, but you'd really want to consider head work and oversize valves to really see its benefit .

That being said the bark it add at WOT might just be worth it to some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2012 VRSCDX stage 2 w/ a 2 into 1 Vance
hines competition exhaust, Screaming Eagle cams and EFI tune. The bike is super loud. Its almost too loud but I love it. Its really quick. The extra power really comes in after 6000 rpm. This is a perfect set up for myself. Also the exhaust is a lot smaller and compact compared to your current run. Ride Safe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to buy a V&H competition 2in1 but the catalog says EXCEPT VRSCR , someone know if it will fit my bike ??

·
Registered
2006 VRSCR Street Rod
12 Posts
I’m running the V&H upswept 2 into 1 on mine with the FuelPak and I love it. The pipe was on my bike when I got it but didn’t have a tuner on it so it was running really lean and had major slow speed ridability issues. I put the FuelPak on and set it to what V&H recommends and it turned it into a different bike.

·
pronounced "shane"
449 Posts
Check out my gallery uploads. There's some pics of my Rinehart 2-1 in there, along with some necessary mods to make it fit. Back in the day, it would supposedly fit every v-rod except for the R. There's a couple pics in there of the brake pedal that needed to be notched with a band saw (if one had a longer bolt, then you probably wouldn't need to notch it). Notch became necessary after spacing out the whatchamacallit with I think 4 washers/spacers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts