Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just finished installing my Trask kit with the Thundermax auto tuner. Bike seems to be getting better everytime I ride it, my question is should I take it to the Dyno shop or will the autotune get the tune perfect eventually? Also it seems to be running a little hot or it could just be because my right leg next to the exhaust?
Thanks!

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Hey guys just finished installing my Trask kit with the Thundermax auto tuner. Bike seems to be getting better everytime I ride it, my question is should I take it to the Dyno shop or will the autotune get the tune perfect eventually? Also it seems to be running a little hot or it could just be because my right leg next to the exhaust?
Thanks!
its a turbo it will be hot

·
Registered
684 Posts
This is what I use on my Turbo to help cut down on the heat on my leg pretty neat the way she made it she used some thermal insulation in side and it has like pockets in it so I put one piece of foil in the out side pocket to help keep the heat off my leg a little more. I have a 30 inch inseam so my leg is on the pipe it is quick and easy to velcro on your leg under your jeans and just leave it on all day if you want to it works real good on mt stock 03 I don't even notice the pipe on it and I never noticed how much I had keep my leg away from the third volume until I started to use it now when I stop most of the time i will have my leg touching it. the woman charged me $ 35.00 to make it now it is the first thing I grab when going for a ride. I 'am going to try and attach a picture of it and no that it not my leg it is around.

Attachments

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Thanks!
Tmax autotune will dial in the afr pretty good but will not do timing. That's a manual process that takes time. So you might be saying well the timing must be good as the map is for my bike. Well the afr isn't, is it?
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.